Wednesday 1 June 2016

Zoos all around us


1 June



Jan will off to collect Kile at around 11.45, which is fine. Our trip to Twycross is certainly off for this visit at least. That’s fine really seeing as I’m not really up to running about that place right now. Anyway, I had a look at their website the other day to find out what the entrance fee is. While I was on there I had look around and there’s clear notice that they welcome kids but state that parents are responsible for their behaviour while in the park, and especially not to let them climb over the barriers or get too close to the cages. So why wasn’t that bloody mother keeping a better eye on her son before he fell into the gorilla compound! Her stupidity cost the life of one of the world’s rarest apes. I read she may be charged over it, and so she should. If it was me I’d be looking at removing the kids because she has certainly proved that at times she is not capable of caring for him properly. Always the same, the innocent pay the price for stupidity.



What did you make of Daft Dave and the new Mayor of London cosying up for a photo shoot over the referendum? It certainly made me deepen my dislike of all politians, because that, my friend is politics. It’s the ability to show a united face with people you dislike and maybe even hate (Mad Maggie and Kinnock for example), to come together when you are desperate to show that you really care about something. Talk about hypocrisy! I suppose they would claim that ‘needs must’, but is Daft Dave so far on the back foot to need the support of the new mayor? Sure not? I wonder what true blue tories are thinking about that one.



The tories have a long standing anti-EU strand within its ranks. That is why Junior John didn’t want to take his Maastricht agreement to a referendum. He knew that his party would split over it. At least Daft Dave has had the guts to do so. It could backfire and he could end up back on the back benches, but I give him credit for going for it. However, it has shown the divisions within the parliamentary tory party over the issue, and takes makes me wonder just deep those divisions are and if they cross over into other areas of policy. It seems to me that the only time all muppets come together in agreement is when it comes to their pay levels.



Last night I finally got back to getting some writing done after another two weeks of doing none at all apart from this blog. I suppose I got 1200 words done, or there abouts. I can to a stop when Jan came home from her churchy thing. But at that time anyway I had come up to block that has really got me stumped. I have a distinct memory of writing a passage of the story that happens a lot earlier in the story line, but I can’t find it. It’s not in my long hand version and I can’t find it in the typed version either. So where the heck is it? It could have been yet another dream where I have had a number of experiences but when I come to go there again, they just don’t exist. I’m at a stage in the story where I want to include that passage, but it looks like I shall have to rewrite it anyway. ‘Try writing,’ they said, ‘it’ll be fun,’ they said … sigh … … …



Today’s photo then …

The classic meercat shot I got some time ago.



Today’s funny



What do you call a farmer who used to like farm machinery?
An ex-tractor fan.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment