Friday 5 August 2011

What a wally ... again!

5 August 2011

Having sold our tent for £300 I spent it straight away on a new lappy.  It's a rather nice Acer;  Pentium P6200 CPU; 6 gig RAM; 640 gig hard drive, plus all the usual bits n bobs.  I ordered it Monday morning; collected it that afternoon - and took it back on the Tuesday morning.  And here's the wally bit ... I entered a Windows password, a new one for this machine and promptly forgot it!  That's why it had to go back on Tuesday where they stripped out the password for me. Talk about being a wally eh ;-)))

For most of this last few days I've been installing software on here and ditching it from my old HP which is now going to our grandson in Antrim.  Jan will take it over later in the month or early next month.  The result is that not a lot of writing has been done of any sort.  I did try to start a new book but it's not working out - again - so I shall have to think of something else to write about now.  
     
Last Saturday Jan and I went off into town to the Dorktown market.  Here's a few shots I got while I wait for Jan when she went off to do something or other.





A general view of the market on Queens Road.



Jan as she re-joined me.


Nice hot day too, so the ice creams were going down well.


Some just sat in the sun and watched the world go by.


Others tried to keep to the shade.


More ice cream.

My sister-in-law runs a pub not far from Abingdon but is looking at taking on a different one up here in Exhall.  It's the Lord Ragland on the corner of Bayton Road industrial estate, it's current closed at the moment.  Trish and Keith are arriving at 12 non to view the place to see if the want it and we're due to meet up with them afterwards.  At the moment I'm not sure of how I feel about having here so close.  We'll soon see eh.
Early lunch today seeing as we will be soon.
So there we have it

No comments:

Post a Comment