Monday 8 August 2011

A day off ...

8 August 2011

I had a day off yesterday because I went out to do some pub signs and for a general look around two towns I'd not been to before, Bedford and Luton.  Overall I wasn't all that impressed with them.  Maybe I'll got back, maybe won't, we'll see ;-)))

One thing about yesterday that did surprise me though, was that I didn't have anything to eat all day until I got home just after 9pm.  I had two slices of toasted bloomer with jam then but even so, I wasn't hungry, but I did enjoy them.  I'm getting peckish now though.
Traffic on the M1 was its usual pain the butt.  At one point I was stuck in lane three with a solid line of trucks and coaches going past on the inside.  I soon found out the reason.  An elderly driver had managed to get himself stuck in lane 3 too and sat there terrified to move back over.  I don't know whether to felt sorry for him or annoyed with him because he managed to get stuck in the first place.  Let's face it though, he could have caused a serious accident as he was.  Luck was on his side I think.  It does raise the question of when we all should give up are licence.  I hope I have the grace to do so when I get to the point of being a danger to other road users.

We had a leaflet through our door the other day which was advertising rail fairs to from Dorktown to London for just £13.  So I got on the London Midland website and had a go.  Leaving Dorktown at 9.02 on Wednesday I would get into London 1 hour 47 minutes later; leaving London at 18.52, getting back here 1 hour 47 minutes later for the return - for £13!  But there's interesting ... as well as the option to pay £13, there was a second option to pay £26.  Which one would choose?  As it was I'm not planning on going and did as test to see what fare I could get.  I normally go top London on the coach but at these prices the train is a far better option for me I think when I next want to go.

Nothing much happening today, its shopping day for us.  Have a good one folks!              

No comments:

Post a Comment