Tuesday 16 August 2011

Cocked it up yesterday ...

16 August 2011 
What I mean of course is that last night I had a few pints of a very nice real ale called Fortyniner, by Ringwood Brewery.  What makes this interesting for me is that my sister-in-law is about the take on a pub called the Railway Hotel which she claims is only a few minutes from the Ringwood Brewery.  Whatever, it was a very nice pint.  I could have stayed there all night but the Boss said otherwise and who I am to argue ;-)))  It was that or walk home, and it's a good walk from the Willy White to home and I didn't fancy that.  So there you are then!  If ever you meet me and see the bald spot on the top of me head you'll know I'm Under Her Thumb (with apologies to both the Boss and the Stones ;-))) ).
I also had to see the GP today about getting my scripts updated.  I'm very pleasedthat I don't have to pay for them seeing as I'm over 60.  I have a total of 14 on a regular basis plus 3 or 4 that I need every so often that are not on there.  I know I could get a 'session ticket', but even so, what a price to pay because you're ill. 
Parking in Dorktown is a real nightmare, look at this a this at the bottom of out street - and this is a regular situation ...
This was taken just after the road was resurfaced and the double yellow lines hadn't been re-painted in.  But have a good look at those taxis!  Its a 3-in-1 job there for tghe cops if they could be bothgered.  Parking on double yellows; parking on the footpath and parking within the set distance of a road junction.  Here in Bracebridge Street we have a regular problem with this compaony.  Not only do they park as seen above but they also park in the street as well.  I once counted 15 of their cars taking up residents parking spaces.  This would not have been allowed when the founder Mike Igo ran the company.  Sadly he's retired and has handed it over to his son who has ruined it! 
Edward Road  is just as bad.  Along one side is  double yellow lines.  This makes no difference at all.  Cars are parked all along there and the cops have done nothing at all.  I've watched them drive past and ignore them.  Same as in the town centre where it's been pedestrianzed.  Come 4pm there's loads of cars parked in there.  The only ones that should be in there are blue badge holders, taxis and delivery trucks.  Now the Council Leader Mr Hargreaves has  been in the local rag twice and made a fuss and at long last the fuzz is doing something. They are getting off their fat arses and doing something for a change  - perhaps they feel jealous at not being involved in the rioting last week - who knows!  At least they are doing something now!  But for how long, that is the question - never mind to be or not to be!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment