Friday 24 June 2016

We're out, but Jan brings it down to earth


June 24



Well, we’ve done it! There’s an almost 4% majority, but I wish it was a larger gap, but now we have to live with that decision. The first result is that vote is that Daft Dave has resigned, which hasn’t surprised me really, but even with my doubts, I do think he should have stuck with it. Now the Tories will spend months pulling themselves apart even more apart while choosing their new leader. That is the last thing the UK needs after yesterday’s vote. However, we have decided and we now have to live with it. I just hope that we don’t pull ourselves apart as a nation because of it.



Last night wasn’t a good one for me, not only because of how hot it was in the bedroom (I woke up dripping with sweat and my bedding needs washing now,) but twice I was woken up by music been played somewhere close. But where was it coming from? This isn’t the first time it’s happened either, but it is the first time that it’s happened twice. The first time last night was just before 3am, the second time just before 5am. And the music was different each time.



Trying to describe the music is difficult really.  It’s not loud as such and it doesn’t sound like any music I’ve ever heard. It doesn’t wake Jan either, so it makes me wonder if it’s all in my mind. Or perhaps it might be like the echo sounds that you get when you put a large shell to your ear. I should say that I do have tinnitus (ringing in the ears), and just now my ears are tending to be either dry and itchy to being damp and waxy. At sometimes I shall have to make an appointment and see a doctor about it. But I see enough doctors as it is without adding to it.



Kile hasn’t gone to school this morning. When he arrived here from his carers club on Wednesday from school, his left eye was streaming badly, and he said it was stinging badly too. He got up this morning getting ready for school and his eye was really badly crusted. His mum said to take him to his own GP, they have a drop in clinic there on Friday, He has conjunctivitis and now has to have drops in his eye four times a day, and he hates it. Well, he’ll have to get used to it.



Today is really turning into a red letter day for us now. Jan has just left for a taxi up to the hussy A&E. Earlier this week we bought a new camping bed for Kile. Jan wanted to see how it needed to be sure how it worked, and she managed to drop it on to her left instep. Not good; it’s been getting worse as the time has gone on since and now she can’t even get her shoe or slipper on.



So she’s off to A&E. And now I sit and wonder what she has done. The result could well cause us a good bit hassle, mostly for Jan of course. Here’s part of the problem for her. She is always in pain in her shoulders and hips, pretty well everywhere really, due to her fibromyalgia. If her foot has a fracture, then she won’t be able to use crutches. There’s a pair in the bed that haven’t moved since we first put them there. We’ve dealt with all this before and we’ll do so again.       



And so Kile and me are sat here waiting patiently for when she calls us to let us know what’s going on. I have a feeling that she got a fracture. Ah well …



Today’s photo …

A busker.



Today’s funny …



How many politicians does it take to change a light bulb?
Four, one to change it and the other three to deny it.

No comments:

Post a Comment