Wednesday 29 June 2016

We're all lost at sea ...


June 29



Among all the fuss n bovver over Brexit, there are those who are saying we won’t leave the EU anyway, no matter how we vote. Here’s the story behind it …


So when we all thought the scare stories were over, now we find that they’re not over and will continue as long as there rags like the Independent willing to publish them. A pity really cos I used to like the rag occasionally.



The petition for a re-run of last week’s vote has reached 3.5 million signatures. Sounds a lot doesn’t it, but is it? The Coventry Telegraph ran a story yesterday about the number of signers by constituencies …


In Dorktown and Bed’th only 2563 (as of yesterday), had signed it, just 2.8% of the electorate. It’s a long way from the 60% who voted in favour of Brexit last week!



This last week has been a bad day for democracy all round. Not only has the petition ignored the democratic proposes, but the Labour Party Muppets have done so too. By passing a vote of no confidence in Jittery Jerry, they have ignored the nationwide party members who voted for him. Now, instead of a united Muppet House that’s needed to clear the way for our exit in two years, the two major parties are pulling themselves apart over their leadership. I bet the leaders of North Korea, China and Pushy Putin are ribbing their hand in glee!



Do you know who is missing from all the talking heads this last week? IDS, or Ian Duncan Smith, that’s who. So where is he and what is he up to I wonder. Forget Boris, if IDA gets the top job, then we really will be in a rough ride until the next general election. At the start of the Brexit campaign he was right the front of the fight among the tory party. It un-nerves me as to where he is and what he’s up to now. Even the media are not mentioning him; why is that I wonder? Or have I missed something?



On labours side, have they got anyone who is leadership material if it comes to choosing a new one? A few names come to mind, Harriet Harman for one, but maybe, just maybe Tom Watson perhaps? Now there’s a man I could support as leader and could even be enough to bring back in line with as a full labour supporter. But there again, right now, none of them seem to be worrying all much about anything other than their own place within the party and within Muppet Central. How sad …



Today we are hoping for a quiet day so that we can get on and catch up with other things that have been sitting idle. For Jan that means a day painting. For me it’s a day of editing Shipshape and then getting some more writing done. I’m not actually being lazy with my writing though, and just like so many commercially successful writers say, ‘Write every day.’ With that in mind then, most days I sit and write this blog, and that means I am writing every day. On Monday I also wrote two book reviews for the Facebook group, For Reading Addicts, which made the word count for the day around 1500 words. That’s not far off the amount needed to do NANOWRIMO during November. Even so, I want to Shipshape published as soon as I can, and that is what I shall be looking to do.



Today’s photo is …

A female chimp.


Today’s funny …


A man was out for a walk one day and on his travels he wandered through a farm. Strangely, he saw a pig with a wooden leg! This intrigued him so much he found the farmer and quizzed him about it.
"This be no ordinary pig" said the farmer. "For example, only two days ago there was a fire in the chicken shed when I was away from the farm. The pig noticed this and immediately went and let all the chickens out into the yard. He then phoned for the fire brigade and came straight back to hold the fire until they arrived!"
"And a few weeks ago, I was driving my tractor down a steep hill, when I lost control and the vehicle overturned - knocking me unconscious! The pig saw this, phoned for the ambulance and then rushed to the tractor and pulled me clear of the cab just before it set on fire."
The farmer was just about to launch into another tale when the man said "Yes yes, but what about the wooden leg?"
"Well" said the farmer "when you've got an pig as good as that, you don't eat it all at once!"
      

No comments:

Post a Comment