Friday 17 June 2016

A large black visitor


June 17



I have a visitor. She came in while out shopping at Asda yesterday afternoon when I saw some of the worst parking in and around the disabled parking bays there. Then the security staff refused to deal with it, claiming that it’s a private carpark and therefore not their problem. The twin subjects of laziness and selfishness brought the not so wee dog to visit.


Last night I got in a row with dead family members over what happened to mam just before Dave died. Of course it was dream but added to yesterday it hasn’t done anything to help chase the visitor off. Now I’m trying to write this; when I tried it yesterday I just couldn’t do anything with it. This is the one dog I really do hate!



There I was lying in bed reading last night when I had a fancy come on me. I talking of around 11.15 now, and there I was fancying a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich. Jan made joke of it when I told her and quipped, ‘Sure not pregnant?’ Hahaha …



No matter how I feel right now, the family of the MP shot and stabbed in Yorkshire must feel oh so many times worse. We will learn at some time what it was all about and why the killer did what was done. Right now all we have is a lot of questions, but I’m intrigued as to if there is a link between the dead MP and injured man shot a short time later. This is a real tragedy for all those involved, but even so, it’s not the first time such an attack has happened in similar circumstances. A few years ago a Lib/Dem MP was attacked and injured and one his staff killed by a man using a sword. Fortunately, these attacks are few and far between, and I don’t mean just the people involved, but for democracy as a whole.



Anyway … while we were at the check-out I noticed the DVD The Martian at £5. I quickly picked one up and we sat and watched it last night. It’s the best movie we’ve seen for a long time, so a very good buy. We normally like these Sci-fi films and we also bought Interstellar, and we were not impressed all much. We stopped it about half way through and I shall watch the rest later. It’s a slow plot line and that is what got Jan down with it and although I thought the same to some extent, I can manage the rest of it.



Yet again, what I have written here is subjective, and merely my view. I have to wonder though, where being subjective on something moves into shear stubbiness in not being willing to even look at something someone else has seen/read/heard. There’s tread going about on Facebook and Twitter along the lines of ‘Am I the only one who hasn’t seen or read Game of Thrones? The Parry Hotters are another one I’ve seen along a similar line. We have read and seen both and enjoyed them, and I keep thinking, You really don’t know what you’re missing.



Today’s photo …

Jan’s nodding doggy in the car.



Today’s funny …



Where do shellfish go when they want to borrow money?
To the prawnbrokers.
        


No comments:

Post a Comment