Monday 6 June 2016

A day to remember ...


6 June



It’s D-Day anniversary; a day we should all be remembering and be thankful for; a day of courage that meant the start of the end of the Third Reich. And yet we are part of the Fourth Reich and like idiots we actually joined it voluntarily. It is now nearly time to show courage again and vote to leave the newly named EU. Otherwise the sacrifices of so many brave servicemen and women who gave their lives for freedom in 1945. It is time to claim our freedom back! Let us not fail the brave …



Yesterday morning I had an appointment at the Hussy over my back issues. I should be having and saw the scan for first time …

It can be clearly seen where the compression is, and we were both shocked. However, Jan said this morning that what she saw yesterday, was not what she was shown in January. She says what she saw was higher up in my back and cover two vertebrae. Wherever it was, looking at that scan, it’s no wonder I’m having problems with pain in my legs. The doctor also asked if I was having any bladder problems. Well, I am a little bit, but I can control it pretty well, but I’ve had one or two close calls though. Top and bottom right now is that I due for a back operation in around three months. The sooner the better for me.



After the Hussy we fancied a bit of ride out so headed off to Asda at the Fosse Park Shopping Centre for a small amount of shopping. From there we headed for a pub on the A47 that we like. By the time we got back I thought it was tad too late for posting a blog and that is why I didn’t do one yesterday. But what a glorious day it was here in the midlands folks, and today looks to be just as nice. I may well go out on me scooter, but Jan fancies a day in instead, mainly because she wants to have her stoma checked. Can you guess what I am looking forward to most of all? It’s being able to walk without needing some sort of walking aid. Ah well … … …



There’s some daft people about you know. They tend to come out with really silly things at times, things like ‘I can’t wait for …’; so what are they going to do, hibernate? But there was another one on telly a couple of days ago. A woman was going on about how busy she was at one time but then said, ‘My little legs were paddling to keep up…’ Oh really? But where are her big legs and what were they doing? Silly bloody people!



While Kile was here we were talking about what films to watch, and I suggested the one that sees the start of the Planet of the Apes saga, but the newer version which I knew we have here somewhere. In the end he asked Jurassic Park. So as we were leaving Asda I noticed a boxed set of Planet of the Apes, and we bought it. The set contains all eight films so we watched the first one last night. It looked so dated, and that theme music(?), was bloody terrible. Then on Facebook later I saw that end scene with Taylor on his knees in the surf. Strange that, we watch the film and that appears from nowhere.



It will be a salad day for me this evening seeing as we bought the stuff for it yesterday. I am looking forward to having that. Even more so since I found a half a gammon joint we boiled up about six weeks ago and forgot about. We always cut them in half and put one half in the freezer for later. It would go off before we got to eat it otherwise. I also like it sliced, on the plate with some minted new potatoes and some nice green veg. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.



Today’s photo …

One of the tulip shots I got last year.


Today’s funny …



A man went into a restaurant and ordered a bowl of vegetable soup. After a couple of spoonfuls, he saw a circle of liquid right under the bowl on the tablecloth. He called the waitress over and said, "It's all wet down here. The bowl must be cracked."
The waitress said, "You ordered vegetable soup, didn't you?
"Yes."
"Well maybe it has a leek in it!"
      

No comments:

Post a Comment