Thursday 30 June 2016

Confused all round


June 30



The old saying, ‘You are never too old to learn’, proved itself true again yesterday, for me at least. On Monday I had a letter from my GP asking me to make an appointment to have a Vitamin B12 injection. This is what has come out from the memory clinic assessment I had done some weeks ago. Yesterday there was a something from the Diabetes UK group on Facebook that I read about the effects of long term use of Metformin causing B12 deficiency. Thing is, I was put on 2000mgs daily of metformin in 2009.



So I thought I’d have a look at what B12 does for us, as well as what a lack of it causes. Sorting out all the sales crap was easy enough and then found this little list …

  • extreme tiredness
  • a lack of energy
  • pins and needles (paraesthesia)
  • a sore and red tongue
  • mouth ulcers
  • muscle weakness
  • disturbed vision
  • psychological problems, which may include depression and confusion 
  • problems with memory, understanding and judgement

on the NHS website. Guess what; I have each of these at some time or other, thankfully, not all together. So this morning Jan called and made me an appointment for both diabetic clinic and the B12 shot at the same time, at 5pm next Thursday. Now all I need to do is to remember a urine sample to take with me.



Kile is due at his GP today at 4.30pm. We have it on our diary because Jan is going to take him for it. So Jan has just called his mum to find out if he has been reminded to come here out of school and not go home. She had forgotten about it. So now it’s a mad scramble to get the school to let him know to come here. It’s no wonder the lad is so confused most of the time. Mind you, he doesn’t help himself at all, and Jan saw the other side of him on Tuesday when she took him home – and it wasn’t a happy side at all.



And Jan has just remembered something g else too. The appointment is over Kile’s asthma and he is supposed to take his peak flow chart with him, not that it’s of any use really cos he hasn’t been doing it. Sam had forgotten about it so he won’t have that chart with him, and the appointment will be wasted without it. Ultimately it means more running around for Jan, and she really isn’t up to that these days. She has enough to do with her own health problems and trying to keep an eye on me too!



Our true blue tory government is in trouble from another direction now. A UN report has accused it of crimes against humanity in how they treat the population. They cite the raising reliance on food banks; the rising homeless problem we have, along with the issue of high rental costs and slum landlords; the savage benefit cuts that caused a rise in child poverty …

And the report goes on and on. Of course, being tories, they won’t even acknowledge the report, let alone do anything about it.



Most of these problems have been caused by IDS, one of the leaders of the ‘Leave’ campaign. But I haven’t seen anything of him for some time now, and that worries me folks. Where is he and what is he up to now. He’s a sly one is that one and I don’t trust him at all. So, why has he gone so quiet? There’s another issue here folks, it seems to me that it has been released quietly where it could be hidden in all the fuss over the Brexit vote. That makes me wonder if they had a look at before it’s general release. You can’t trust any politian, no matter what their colour, but for me the tories are the most untrustworthy of the whole lot.



Today’s photo …

An alpaca.



Today’s funny …



 A man in his 40's bought a new BMW and was out on the interstate for a nice evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair and he decided to open her up.
As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw flashing red and blue lights behind him.
"There's no way they can catch a BMW," he thought to himself and opened her up further. The needle hit 90, 100.... Then the reality of the situation hit him. "What on earth am I doing?" he thought and pulled over.
The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the car.
"It's been a long day, this is the end of my shift and it's Friday the 13th. I don't feel like more paperwork, so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before, you can go."
The guy thinks for a second and says, "Last week my wife ran off with a cop. I was afraid you were trying to give her back."
"Have a nice weekend," said the officer.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment