Sunday 26 June 2016

We're off out at last ...


June 26



Many years ago our town had loads of cinemas. I clearly remember The ABC Ritz, The Scala and the Palace, where I watched oh so many major films, and more than enough crap ones too. In addition to those three I have memories of one in Stratford Street, one in Market Place and another in Bond Gate. One of the great films (for its time that is), I saw was The Planet of the Apes, with Charlton Heston in the lead role of Taylor. This one left a big impression on me, even if the full impact didn’t really strike me until many years later.



Yesterday evening, we sat and watched the latest version of the series of eight movies, Battle For the Planet of the Apes, released in 2014. Again I was well impressed, for my money it’s the best one of the eight so far. We certainly enjoyed it, even if I was in various parts of it I was pausing it to do bits n bobs towards dinner. Kile helped me too, and for that I was grateful. So the question is, which DVD will be watching when we get back for Twycross later?



It’s Sunday morning and telly is usually full of politics and talking heads and I don’t have a lot of time for any of it. Today there will be the inevitable talk about last week’s vote to leave the EU, and I’ve had enough of it now. All I want now is for the withdrawal process to start, the sooner it starts the better for all of us. I’d like to see that hole under the channel filled in too, but I’m realist enough to know that won’t happen.



Late last night I decided to make sure Kile’s camera is ready for today; good job I did cos the battery was well down, so it got charged overnight. My Nikon however, hasn’t been looked at yet, but when I do in a short while, it won’t take long to sort out. Even if the battery is dead I still have three spares that I always take with me. There’s a 16gig SD card in there too, and I have yet to fill it on a day out. Yet there snapper about who use 32 and even 64gig cards and still take spares with them. OK, I like snapping but that does seem OTT to me.



Part of the fun of being out and about is looking around and enjoying the place you are. Spend the day filling a 32gig means that you are likely to miss a lot of the broader picture of the place. As it is, I shall be snapping the animals and will be on the lookout for candid shots too, and of the abstract and full colour shots that I like shooting as well. Should be a good day.



And so it’s time to get ready for the off, so I’ll end here and get it posted. Today’s photo …

Bright colours on display at the Merry Hell shopping centre.



Today’s funny …



 A Scotsman was on a fishing trip in the northwoods of Canada. "What's that over yonder'?" the Scotsman asked of his guide. "That's a moose, eh," said the guide. "Aye!" exclaimed the Scotsman, with raised eyebrow. "If that be a moose, I'd be sure an to hate to see your rats!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment