Saturday 11 June 2016

A new Word Doc.


June 11

When I closed my blog file yesterday, it took ages and eventually I got a message saying there was a problem with the document, but didn’t say what it was. A search for a solution didn’t find a solution to it. This morning I have tried opening every copy of the file that I have here and I’m getting the same message over it. It has to be a problem with that file seeing as Word has allowed me to open and use a new document. Later this afternoon, I’ll do a full scan and search to see if I can find a solution. This morning is already promised to watch Trooping the Colour.

Yesterday I wrote about how long my blog file was in comparison to a guy in Computeractive who was still adding to a 60,000-page document. Now that one of mine won’t grow anymore by the look of it and it will take a long, long time before this new file gets anywhere near that length. I could I suppose, go on-line and cut and paste all 1300+ blog entries on there, but there again, it is a big job. No, I won’t bother, I’ll stick to this new one now.

Whatever it is, it’s affecting another file too, my book review file. So it looks like I shall have to start that again, but at only 3,500+ words, I may well be able to copy them back here to a new Word file. I have Open Office on here too, so I may well move over to that now and be done with Word, I’ll see later.     

This morning I dreamt about someone I haven’t thought about since I was at infants’ school. The lad was named Alan, and although we weren’t mates as such we did occasionally go off playing together. However, in this dream we were adults and we met up in Germany and were about to set off to drive back here to Nuneaton with me at the wheel. It’s strange how I have suddenly remembered him like this. I do remember that my mam fell out with his mam a few times when I had gone missing and she mam called there to see if I was there. She was told that I wasn’t there, when I was. Mam was not at all pleased; but had he come to mind after all this time I wonder?

The plans for today begin with watching telly this morning and then going off into town on my scooter for a few hours. Sounds good; then we watched the BBC Midlands Today weather forecast for today, and that is for rain and lots of it. In fact, we are supposed to under a think grey cloud and heavy rain right now, but although it’s cloudy out there, it’s fairly bright and there’s no rain. I’ll see how thing are later and then decide whether to go out or not.

Kile surprised us yesterday afternoon by turning up here. He told a story about bus fares and a school dinner, so Jan got ready and took him home. Things is though, he has been caught out lying yet again, and I’m getting to a point where I’m never sure if we are being told the truth. When I think about it, I’m sure he spun us a yarn yesterday. He takes a packed lunch for dinner time, so where did needing money for a school dinner come from? Methinks he will need watching a lot closer. We are due to have him next weekend anyway, but we will see how things go with him.

There was an item on telly yesterday that made me make a note to look into a bit more. I have always had a bit of quick temper and went off on one very easily. It’s not so bad now and I’m pleased about, it didn’t do me any good at all. That item on telly was about diabetes causing anger in patients; but yer no wot? I’m not so sure now after thinking about it a bit more. My temper eased before my diagnosis, not after it. It could of course, be something to do with the same condition affecting us all differently. Whatever, my sugar levels are well controlled and I feel a lot calmer in myself too, so I’m happy about that.

So what do you think of drunken brawls out in France the last few days? I can’t understand these idiots you know; I mean, drunken in a country where the cops have had to deal with a number of serious terrorist attacks? Can’t these prats think properly? Those French cops are not all that well known for being a friendly bunch; add in their recent history and I can’t see them being any friendlier in reality. Can you?

Today’s photo …

The wall of a cubicle in the men’s bog on M40 services northbound. I saw this one yesterday and noticed the way the horizontal lines bend downwards in the top corners, and lightly upwards at the bottom corners. To shows some of effects of my Tamron 18-270 lens. Normally this doesn't show and only has done because of the straight lens and closeness of the lens to subject,  

Today’s funny …

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Shirley.
Shirley who?
Shirley you must know me by now.





  




No comments:

Post a Comment