Sunday 18 October 2015

Rule breaking



18 October

This morning I sat down to read AP which arrived yesterday. Photography has a number of ‘rules’ which need to be followed if you want any sort of success at wining competitions or selling your work. I’ve never been one for following rules at the best of time, one of the reasons why I didn’t get on as well as perhaps I should have done while in army. Anyway, the first article in the mag was about the rules and when and how to break them. Well, I’ve never really stuck to them anyway and when I have tried I’ve always found that the subject didn’t really fit in with them. So now I know there’s others who also ignore the rules, I shall continue to do the same. Of course, I have to get there to do it anyway, but when will that be I wonder?

Some rules of course we have no choice but to obey them. The criminal law for example. Where would we be without it I wonder? Right now though it seems as though there are no such laws in place. Killings, robberies, frauds are just a few of the many broken laws, and that really bugs me. How do they get away with so much these days? There was a report I read the other day that the cops are now only turning out to around 10% of all burglary reports. I’ve lost count of the number of time I have driven up and down the motorway system and not see one patrol car. It’s no wonder that it seems as if the crims are having a field day. They are! And it’s down to the number of cops out on the streets. Now who can we blame for that?

It’s coming up that time of year again folks. Facebook has the annual ‘share if you agree’ bit about the saying ‘Happy holidays’ instead of ‘Merry Christmas’. I’ve just mentioned rule breaking above, so you can guess what I think of this one. For 67 years I’ve and said, ‘Merry Christmas,’ so what’s the chance of me changing it? That’s right, I won’t be. All this PC crap that seems to come from across the Atlantic really pisses my off. I sat watching some daft yanky saying that we no should be ‘gifting’ people, not giving them a present. Ye gods … what is it with these over educated idiots! Can’t they find something more useful to fill their rice bowls with? Life is far too short to be spent making sure you don’t upset anyone who might not agree with you.

Have you heard of site called Streetwise? Well, I can’t remember how I came across it but I’ve found it really useful and interesting. The folks on there are certainly friendly and if they don’t agree with you they say so, but in a way that doesn’t cause anger or upset – and thankfully, not a PC comment anyway. Anyway, we were sat quiet yesterday afternoon when Jan said she wanted to get rid of the black leather armchair we have. So this morning I took a photo of it … 

and posted it on Streetwise. Hopefully it will be gone fairly quickly.       

We bought a small joint of beef while we were out the other day. Jan chose it because of the lack of fat on it. Yesterday I roasted ready for today and I’m surprised that there is even less fat in it than I could actually see when raw. The reason for cooking yesterday is that since Jan’s stroke, she has problems with swallowing, so now I cook and slice the joint before adding it to a gravy to finish off. Jan can then managed to get it down. So later today I shall be getting on with it and we’re both looking forward to it. It’s been sometime since we had beef, or pork when I think about it. Maybe next week for the pork.

Today’s photo … 

Kile playing in the river.

Today’s funny …

The new salesman had just completed his training and was anxious to put his skills to work. He took his Hoover vacuum cleaner to the front door of a house and rang the bell. A rather unpleasant woman answered. Before she could say anything he threw a pile of cow patties in the door behind her onto the rug. "Lady," he said, "If this vacuum cleaner doesn't clean up all those cow patties, I'll eat them myself."
"I'll get you a spoon," scowled the lady. "Our electricity hasn't been turned on, yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment