Monday 12 October 2015

It's all a crime



12 October

Bit of shock this morning, though nothing serious. It came when I went to take my pills for the first dose of the day. Normally I get them put into a tray, similar to the ones they use in care homes. So far there have been no problems with that, so this morning I picked up the large bag they were delivered in to find that they had not even been popped into bottles, which what I had originally asked for. Luckily I have a couple of day’s spare of meds while they make up the tray ready for collection tomorrow.

So then, what does the name Edith Cavell mean to you? Nothing? No, nor me, or at least until I watched the 1 o’clock news today that is. This lady was shot by firing squad by the Germans during the WWI, even though as a nurse she treated all men equally, bot Brits and Germans. Yet the Germans saw her as a traitor for helping British soldiers to escape Belgium. Her shooting caused a huge international outcry, but of course it was far too late then. Now she is known as the hero she was; and rightly so.

Two men have gone on trial in Brum for the murder of a young mum 24 years ago in Coventry. The girl’s body has never been found, and that I think will be main plank of their defence. Sadly for them there is precedent where a man was found guilty without a body being found. There have been a number of others since too, so I don’t think that will be all that much use to them. However, the CPS must think there is enough evidence to get a conviction or they wouldn’t agree to take it to court. Guilty or not, what really matters is the finding of the girl’s body so the family can finally lay her to rest properly.

Meanwhile in London, three men have gone on trial for plotting to commit terrorist killings here in the UK. It seems so far that they are fascinated with the death of the drummer a couple of ago as well as the Tube bombing and 7/11. One of them set up his phone pin number as 77911 would you believe. It concerns me that we have so many of these people walking around and planning such attacks. And yet terror ism isn’t the only crime where this happens is it.

Apparently sex offenders also walk around looking for possible victims. Age, sex, colour, race, it matters not to these people, we are all seen as possible victims. And yet there is very little we individuals can do about it is there. In any case, life is far too short to worry about the possibility of what might happen. We just get on and live our lives without worrying about it.

Top of the news today is the opening of the so-called ‘Yes’ vote in if we should withdraw from the EU. I don’t care this lot say, there is nothing that will cause me to vote to remain in that over boated Franco/German controlled club. For me it’s a case of fairness really. Is it fair that our elected politians (and yes I know I don’t have a lot of time for any of them), to be overruled by some unelected group of men and women who live in the luxury of a cloud cuckooland. And that alone is enough for me. Add in the European Court and its human rights judgements, then I for one wont out of it. I also think that digging that bloody great hole under the channel was the worst mistake our country ever made. That is one terrorist target I would object to getting blown up … as long as it was empty of course.

Today’s photo … 

Jan in the park during summer, looking great, just as normal!

Today’s funny …

Q: And where was the location of the accident?
A: Approximately milepost 499.
Q: And where is milepost 499?
A: Probably between milepost 498 and 500.        

1 comment:

  1. I've always admired Edith Cavell. . . 'Patriotism is not enough . . . '
    J x

    ReplyDelete