Saturday 10 October 2015

Odds n sods ...



10 October

The task is done. I’m off the car insurance and my driving licence is winging its way to DVLA. And do you know what? I feel very relieved by it. There are down sides of course and on Thursday afternoon we came across one. There we were waiting to go out shopping, so Jan cleaned out the fish tank. And it really knackered her, so much in fact that she was hurting so much that she didn’t feel up to driving. Before this week I could have gone and done it by myself, but now I can’t. See, there are times when it’s handy having two drivers.

So it was yesterday that we went shopping, and we were not out long at all. We were expecting Kile to arrive straight from school. By 4 o’clock we knew he wasn’t coming and Jan looked to see if she’d had a text from him. She had, but it had only just come in, not earlier this morning when he had posted it. Top and bottom is that he has a very sore throat and didn’t feel up to going anywhere yesterday. So now I have to wait and have pasta and sauce until he comes next time. The garlic bread also I bought I can have bits of every so often. You see, Jan is a fuss pot who doesn’t like either of them.

I think I may have mentioned my Samyang 500mm mirror lens before. Basically I can’t get it work on my Nikon D5200, yet it worked fine on my Sony A350. This morning I read in the news issue of AP that a guy in Hampshire has the same set up but he has been able to make it work. So where am I going wrong then? The manual that came with the camera is quite flimsy for such a complex camera, so I bought a more in depth book, but there was nothing in that to guide me. So I’ve posted a question about it on the AP forum, hoping for some help from there. Normally they are very a helpful group, and always friendly.

The Sony A330 with standard 18-50mm and 50-200mm zoom lenses, didn’t sell. Which is disappointing. Not sure where to go with that one now. Maybe I shall Try to sell it to one of the companies that advertise for used kit. We’ll see … … …

Yesterday evening I fancied a Chinese meal so I phoned a place I hadn’t used before; I won’t be going back! Why? Well, it wasn’t so tasty really but what surprised me more was the slice of processed cheese on top of the chow mien. That is a first to me, and a last. It’s a good job with have other take-aways in town. Enough drivel …

Time for a photo … 

A not too happy looking parrot.          

Today’s Funny …

For those keyboard jockeys (those with jobs that require sitting at a computer all day) who don't want to spend the money for those fancy exercise machines, here is a little secret for building arm and shoulder muscles. Three days a week is best.
Begin by standing (in your cubicle works well) with a five pound potato sack in each hand. Extend your arms straight out to your sides and hold them there as long as you can.
After a few weeks, move up to ten pound potato sacks and then fifty pound potato sacks, and finally get to where you can lift a one hundred pound potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.
Next, start putting a few potatoes in the sacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment