Thursday 1 October 2015

Contented or not ...



1 October

Around 450 words written yesterday afternoon, not many at all really. And certainly less than I normally do when I sit down to get on with it; but yesterday I was really struggling with it. No ideas came to me at all and what I did write was very much forced. That’s not good enough, so I stopped at that point. For me at least I need to be able to feel the story as I write it, for the ideas to flow from brain to hand. It wasn’t happening yesterday, so when I do sit down to it again I shall have to read through yesterday’s to see how bad it is before going on.

It’s the same today too. I’ve just spent around an hour looking through my Flicker feed instead of getting on with this. It wasn’t a total wasn’t though cos I found a new button, Stats. So I had a look at that one and found out which of my 9,075 photos on there has been viewed the most. Up until just lately I was taking a lot of pub related photos, including real ale clips. The photo viewed the most for me was of the clip for an ale called Spank, with a view count of 2890. It’s just an ale clip, that’s all, nothing special in it, honest.

Just looking through them in date order, I can see fairly long gaps between posting them. It’s a gap that is getting longer these days too, simply because I’m not going out so much now. But the idea of going out just to take photos no longer appeals to me as much as it used to. I find that a bit sad, and a good bit disturbing. Going out was something I was happy to do and didn’t need an excuse to do so. Now I’m happy just sitting in home and writing, reading, watching telly, playing on me ‘puter … … …

Is that because I am more content here in our little flat, or is it cos I’m just getting old; but 67 isn’t old these days is it? Whatever the reason we both went out this afternoon to do our normal shopping, and yes, it is late for us to do it. We decided to try Tesco Arena today, but what a nightmare drive it turned out to be. A car had broken down on the island at Junction 3 of the M6 and the traffic build up was really bad.

However, as we manoeuvred around the car we got caught in another queue off the island onto the A444 south bound. We were lucky there and I got away from that one by cutting over a grass verge. At the next island we saw that the road we wanted towards Coventry city centre was also blocked with traffic and we ended heading into Bed’th and did the shopping there.

The traffic chaos in and out of the town will only get worse pretty soon when part of the A444 is closed off by the Hussy entrance. That means there will only be one entrance/exit in and out of the place. The exit is onto Heath End Road, and that’s a busy enough road at the best of time. On the 16th of this month I have an appointment at the Hussy, getting there will be fun I’m sure.

Today’s photo … 

Jan and me last October.    

Today’s funny …

A neutron walks into a bar and orders a beer.
"How much for the beer?" the neutron asks the bartender.
"For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

No comments:

Post a Comment