Saturday 17 October 2015

Best presi ever



17 October

Yesterday I was given the best birthday present I think I’ve ever had. I had an appointment up at the Hussy to check for possible Parkinsons. I don’t have it! The consultant is referring me on for a few more tests to find out what is causing the symptoms I am displaying but the big one, is certainly a no-no for me. That’s a big relief.

It was knocking on 11.30 when we left the Hussy, by which time we were both very thirsty, so we headed off looking for an open pub. On our third attempt we found one, and we both thought it was nice pub so on the way home from Tesco Arena we called in again. After we settled a group of youngsters came in and sat at the next table. When there food was served I was well intrigued by one of the meals, so being the nosey sod I am, I asked what it was. Jumbo fried chicken she said. It looked really nice. We have decided that sometime next week we will have a few hours in Coventry city centre and then call in there and I shall one of those meals. Looking forward to it … … …

There was an item on Midlands Today yesterday about the river in Coventry ...

It's the River Sherborne according to the report but I’ve thought it was the River Soar. Anyway, as you can see it’s not much of a river really. But from where I took this shot on Far Gosford Street it has been cover over as it winds its underground and resurfaces on the far side of the precinct. Some years ago a local man drew up plans to open it up and make a feature for the city centre. His plans were rejected, but someone else has come up with a similar idea, hence it being on the news. The first guy who suggested it still has his plans, so it’s quite possible it will happen now seeing as some of the areas it flows under are run down and derelict now. Locals who were asked seemed to be in favour, so why not, give it a go I say.

Jan is going out in a short while, off to a social at the house of one of her friends from the study group she attends. My first plans were for a trip into town on me scooter but then I have more work to do on Arathusia.  Just after we got up this morning the postie arrived and I now have my normal AP to read, as well as Nphoto. I think the mags will win out today, once I’m finished on here.

Today, this will be a short one I think, so today’s photo … 


Another street shot, in Majorca I think.

Today’s funny …

The prospective son-in-law was asked by his girl friend's father, "Son, can you support a family?"
"Well, no, sir," he replied. "I was just planning to support your daughter. The rest of you have to fend for yourselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment