Tuesday 20 October 2015

Nosh, we need it but some folks have no idea ...



20 October

Not the best night’s sleep for Jan. I settled around midnight and woke at 6.30 needing to wee and Jan was awake then. It seems that Roy, they guy across the corridor from us was taken ill last night and the noise the council made trying to get in to him around 3am woke her. She dropped off again after I got back in bed but then the council began hammering and banging again just before 10 o’clock which woke her again. There’s a guy there now installing a new front door. What is wrong with Roy we don’t know but we think it might be something to do with his heavy smoking, the smell of tobacco from there is very overpowering. Anyway, we hope he’s well enough to come home soon.

Have you been counting the number of time I lose thing here in Jaronland? Well, I did it again on Sunday evening as I was closing down I heard a pair of specs falling down, but couldn’t be bother looking for them. We both tried looking yesterday and couldn’t find them. I cleared the shelf under my desk to look for them again today and still couldn’t find them. So Jan came over and she started looking as well. And then I found them, not on the floor, but between the stand and lamp shade of the bankers lamp I have on here. If only we could find things so easily every time.

I finished the new Peter James novel, The House on Cold Hill, last night and it’s not a bad read at all, at least I enjoyed it. But there I was playing around on Facebook and although I’ve know that the new Cormoran Strike was already out and I’m hoping to get that one later this week. But then I found an ad for Ian Rankins’ new one to as well. Well, I can’t buy them all in one go and will have to get that one later. I’ve also bought a novel by an ex-ACC squaddie, Chip Walker, called Child of Hern.  I’ve not read that one yet but I’m looking forward to doing so after I finish the space opera sci-fi I’m currently reading on my kindle.

Speaking of which, Jan has been chatting to another writer about CreateSpace, the part of Amazon that I’ve been publishing with. He’s been explaining that I shouldn’t be getting the problems I’ve been plagued with for so long with them. So I think from now on I shall only be doing things e-books, and won’t bother with paperbacks, for a time at least, just to see how things go and then I can re-think it. Oh the hassles of being a writer … … …

I wonder if you like porridge. We do and have it fairly often but over in the States they call it oatmeal. I’m back in Facebook-land again now, where I found a group called Buzzfeed Food that I watch. They usually come up with really nice food ideas but this morning I found this one … http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/cozy-oatmeal-tricks?bffbfood&utm_term=.jtZrLg37w#.hoy0omKr4  and I have to say that it looks absolutely bloody horrible! Oats with a fried egg? Oh come on, that’s gross, even for you yanks!

And while I’m the subject of nosh, today’s photo is … 

One of my favourite dinners, and so easy to do as well. That’s a small gammon, two chuckleberries and sliced cheese.

And today’s funny …

A wealthy man decided to go on a safari in Africa. He took his faithful pet dachshund along for company. One day, the dachshund starts chasing butterflies and before long the dachshund discovers that he is lost.



So, wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the obvious intention of having him for lunch. The dachshund thinks, "OK, I'm in deep trouble now!"
Then he noticed some bones on the ground close by, and immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the dachshund exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard. I wonder if there are any more around here." Hearing this, the leopard halts his attack in mid-stride, as a look of terror comes over him, and slinks away into the trees. "Whew," says the leopard. "That was close. That dachshund nearly had me." Meanwhile, a monkey, who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So, off he goes.
But the dachshund saw him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figured that something must be up.
The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard. The leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine." Now the dachshund sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back, and thinks, "What am I going to do now?" But instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet ... and, just when they get close enough to hear, the dachshund says..................
"Where's that darn monkey? Sent him off half an hour ago to bring me another leopard."

No comments:

Post a Comment