Wednesday 1 July 2015

Wilting ...



1 July

There’s mention of the monthly game of whiterabbitwhiterabbitwhiterabbit, on the ‘net again. As far as I’m concerned once their skin is off, they all taste the same in a stew.

Start of this year June, one of our friends moved away from here. Her flat has now been taken over by a single elderly lady. I’ve spoken to her once when I first met her, now she won’t speak to anyone it seems. No idea what I said that may have upset her, though, but from what I have seen out back she tends to be a bit standoffish to everyone. Each to their own of course, but I couldn’t live somewhere where I couldn’t have some sort relationship with those around me.

We writers are full of advice for each other and for everyone else who cares to look. One of the favourite items is the use of notebooks. I’ve said on here before how many books I have about the place. However, it seems that even when I make a note of something it doesn’t always makes all that much difference. It made a note of something a few ago that made me think a wee bit.

The Japanese whaling session is about to start from what I saw on the telly. Shouts of outrage are raised when it does; ships head out to try to prevent, or at least disrupt the hunting. The point I made a note of was in relation to the bird shooting on Malta. Why don’t we see vast crowds of birders out there trying disrupt the shooting in a similar way I wonder? Here in the UK, why don’t we the same numbers of birders out on the moors during the shooting session? We do when the hunting with hounds goes on, so why not for birds? I find it all rather strange that when it comes to birds so many people tend to turn a blind eye.

This weather is making me wilt quite a bit - see, typical Brit, moaning about the weather again. Actually though, I’m not moaning about it at all, I’m stating a fact. We need to go out shopping with the high temps right now, we would both be feeling pretty rough before too long. So we will be popping out later when its cooler, we hope. One of the benefits Asda being open 24 hours a day. Of course, if they are going to open like that, they need to make sure that the shelves are fully stocked as well. Even so, we don’t need too much shopping but it will be good to get out for a time.

So today’s photo … 

I was rather uppity about this couple. Why was that carer (in a loose term), not taking any notice or trying to engage the lady in the wheelchair. Look at the distance between them. Not good at all.  I sat waiting for Jan while she was in Wilkos and watched them for nearly 10 minutes and that phone was not put down once. I named this one Alone together. You may wonder why I didn’t say something, thing is, I couldn’t be sure I would my temper, and that wouldn’t have done anyone any good at all.

Today’s funny …

An atheist scientist came to God and said, "We've figured out how to make a man without you."
God said, "OK, let me see you do it."
So the atheist bent down to the ground and scooped up a handful. But God stopped him and said, "Oh, no you don't. Get your own dirt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment