Saturday 18 July 2015

The Sun - again!!!



18 July

It is rather quiet here right now. We were due to have Kile this weekend but at the last minute he decided he didn’t want to come. Not only is now out of school for the summer holiday, but today his mum and dad and step brother Billy are moving in with his nan. His clothes are all packed for the move and finding them would have been a big ask so he decided not to come. The hardest part of him not coming is that we over fed the fridge again ready for him, now I suppose we have to ease the fridge indigestion all by ourselves.

News International still haven’t learned the lesson yet it seems. Film has come to light from 80 odd years ago when the Queen gave a Nazi salute when she was just 6 years old. Of course The Sun is claiming ‘public interest’ in the story. Yet I don’t see it that way at all. I mean, I didn’t know about it and now I do, what difference to my life does make. Well mean I will sleep more, or less tonight when I go to bed; of course not. So where is the public interest?

I’m not a fan of the royals at the best of times but from the little I saw on the news earlier the images that have been published are from their own collection, and they are claiming a breach of trust from whoever released them to the media. On this one I actually agree with them. We all have a right to privacy, especially when we were children. Having these images removed and passed on to a third party is a breach of privacy. No matter what The Sun says, there is no public interest in this one.

Earlier this week the same paper had to print an apology and withdrawal of a story that has proved to be a made up story. I can’t remember the details now but basically they splashed a story claiming it to be true over a few pages, yet the notice of admission was a tiny little box that could have been easily missed. This is where my first comment here about not learn the lessons. How many times will those morons get caught up in things like this before they learn not let it happen in the first place? Of course, these stories sell papers don’t they, so I doubt they ever will.

Last weekend I found out that my little Nikon CoolPix6000 can be set for RAW capture and I decided that it would remain on that setting now I had found it. It’s now back on JPEG. On Thursday I had it out with me when we were out and I couldn’t work out why it took so long to save shots to the card, until that is I remembered the RAW setting. It was soon back on JPEG but since then I realised that the 4gig card to one of the older, slower cards we have. I shall get hold of one the newer faster cards later and try it again. Even that might not be all that useful really. The processor in the camera is probably very slow too.

Oh so many things to remember when taking photos with today’s technology … at time I wish to go back to film. But there again, I can’t afford to go back to film. To make it worthwhile I would need a darkroom and we don’t have the room for one. Ah well … … …

Today’s photo then … 

A lady at an ATM.

Today’s funny …

A Jewish rabbi and a Catholic priest were good friends. At a picnic one day, the priest was eating a ham sandwich. "You know," he said to his friend, "this ham sandwich is delicious. I know you're not supposed to eat ham, but I don't understand why such a good thing would be forbidden. When will you break down and try it?"
To which the rabbi replied, "At your wedding."           

No comments:

Post a Comment