Wednesday 15 July 2015

Two day's worth



14/15 July

My fall the other week; we have just sat and watched last night’s Panorama and the fears that some medics have about how the NHS is going to survive the planned cuts to its budget. The two might not seem related but the show majored on elderly people and their needs, as well as the NHS needs to clear patients out of, or preferably to keep them out of hospital in the first place. So here the link; it occurred to me that my recent fall may be linked to my fall in Mallorca last October. Perhaps in that fall I did more damage than was first thought. I see my GP on Thursday so I shall mention it to him then.

There’s a photo I want to get a good shot of in the town centre, but I have a problem with it. It’s a vertical panel on the side of a building, and also on the first floor. That panel will make a great mono photo. The problem I have with it is that I need to get up close to it, or at least on the same level. A shift and tilt lens would be useful too, but the cost is prohibitive for just one photo, even at the £349 for a Lensbaby. I wonder how much it cost to hire one for a day, I’ll look into that later.

As you can see with the date on here, I was writing this one yesterday. I left off to go do some shopping; easy enough task perhaps, but it is me I’m speaking of. As I went to enter Asda, I met up with one of Jan’s friends from church and we stood chatting for a few minutes. We mentioned prices at one point and it dawned on me that I didn’t have my wallet with me. That’s what happens when I leave in a rush. I also didn’t have my phone or my watch, but even so, I didn’t seem to be in a hurry anyway. It all ended with a simple shopping trip taking a lot longer than it should have done. Senior moments … … …

Last night Jan went off to her house group as normal for Tuesday evening, so instead of wasting the time watching telly, I actually managed to write around 1000 of Arathusia. It’s been sometime since I got any done so I was pleased to get on with it. Last night I killed off five members of a family in an earthquake that I had no idea was coming until the pen started to move. I’m planning on moving it on some more this evening when we get back in from town later on. Jan is at the Hussy for an eye appointment and then we’re going into town for a wee while. I think I shall just take my CoolPix 6000 for today, much easier to hump around.

We have quiet outside right now. Hopefully the workers have gone off for lunch. This current group are plastering the base layer ready for the pebble dashing to be done later this week, I hope. That’s not the end of it though. There’s the guttering and downpipes to be installed for the scaffolding comes down. Then we can have the grass cutters around again. The job looks great when it’s done but it’s a long, long job and I’m not the only resident who is fed up with it all.

Today’s photo then … 

Another flower in Birdland.

Today’s fail …

Divorce is always difficult but spare a thought for the husband whose divorce was delayed by 11 days. During those 11 days he won $2.2 million on the lottery but because he was still married at the time, he was ordered by the judge to pay his wife 25% of the winnings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment