Friday 3 July 2015

Equality



3 July

A few weeks ago I was muttering about having got a DVD stuck in our player; well, we didn’t. I think what happened was that as Kile inserted it, it didn’t quite go in far enough so it fell out. So we have been moaning about it and the cost of having someone come out to sort it for us and the disc was sat on its side beside the telly table … dddeeeeerrrrrr

Recycling is a bid issues all over the country right now. With please to us all the recycle as much as we can it would certainly help if the council turned up to collect it. I’ve just taken our latest lot out to the bin by the garages on Niton Road only to find the bin hasn’t been emptied yet this week. So I’ve just got off the phone to the council about it. Apparently they have haven’t been able to get their normal sized trucks in there because there’s scaffolding in the way. That is crap. The bin itself is well clear of the scaffolding. It’s more like that the collectors couldn’t be bothered to do it!

While we were out shopping yesterday evening I bought myself a Maily Dale and sat reading it at home. One item caught my eye. Someone has said that Strictly should allow gay couple to take part. That annoyed me, not because I am anti-gay but because I’m not. But what annoyed me was that someone has decided to make an issue of it in a national daily paper. It seems these days that none of is allowed to say anything negative about so much we all have to watch what we say and do for fear of being labelled a bigot.

In some places I can no longer openly say in public, ‘I’m a happily married heterosexual white English Christian man,’ without someone jumping up and down and claiming that the statement is homophobic, racist and anti-Islam. It’s just not on! You can bring in as much legislation to protect minorities as you wish, for someone who is really anti-anything, legislation will only deepen that dislike, not take it away. It’s claimed that Britain is now a more tolerant nation, I don’t agree. I think the dislike and anger towards minorities is hidden deep down where it will fester and eventually blow up in everyone’s faces.

It’s this weekend we are due to have Kile, however, it’s his 11th birthday on Sunday and we think he’s having a party tomorrow, so he’s staying home this weekend. I keep asking him if he wants to be 12, and he just laughs at me – little monster as he is. Ah well, we’ll make do with him I suppose.

Today’s photo … last Saturday I got a lot of candid shots while I was out in town, and here’s the first one …


And today’s funny …

 By the time Bobby arrived, the football game had already started. "Why are you so late?" asked his friend.
"I couldn't decide between going to church and going to the football game. So I tossed a coin," said Bobby.
"But that shouldn't have taken too long." said the friend.
"Well, I had to toss it 35 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment