Tuesday 21 July 2015

Shorty time



21 July

It’s that time of the week again. Jan is Skyping her sister Trish. I don’t mind really, helps them keep in touch now Trish is in Thailand. They actually live on the outskirts on Bangkok. Lucky sods. I’d like to visit the place seeing as it’s so photogenic. Trish has said we could stay with her if we were able to get out there, but I have feeling she wouldn’t be too happy with us wanting to go out and look around properly, doing the ‘tourtisty bit’ as I call it.

There seemed to be a lot of noise around the back of the block opposite us yesterday. This morning we have the noise now as the scaffolding comes down around that block. Right now we have the peddle dashing being done outside. They don’t hang around either while they’re working. And here’s the thing; they are not Brits. I don’t know where they come from but from what I’ve seen of the Brit crews that’s been around here, they are much faster workers than the Brits. There’s a lot of fuss over workers coming and undercutting wages of British crews, but these guys show why they may be preferable to Brits.

DCI Alan Banks is well into another murder case. There’s also the theft of a £110k tractor to solve as well and he thinks they are linked. Abattoir Blues is up to Robinsons’ usual standard. I don’t know why though, but I wouldn’t have seen Stephen Tompkinson playing Banks. For me he just doesn’t look the part. My picture of Banks was of a shorter, stockier man who could well look after himself when he needs to. Still, they didn’t ask me did they and anyway, Tompkinson is doing a decent job of it.

Game of Thrones, well, the DVD version at least is not working all that well for me either. We sat and watched two of them last night, the parts where Renly is killed, and another place where three dragons are stolen. Yes, Renly is killed in the book but the scene before it where the murderer arrives is not there. Later the dragons are not stolen either. We should expect an 800+ page book to be cut down, but to add in bits after doing that? Nah, no way! I’ve come to like the actor who plays Tyrione though; he’s very good. The whole thing is supposed to be filmed in Ulster, but those desert scenes weren’t, that’s for sure.

Today’s photo … 

Hedwig at Bourton.

And today’s funny …
Three boys on the playground were bragging about their dads. One said. "My dad scribbles a few words, calls it a song and they pay him 50 bucks."
"Oh, yah. My dad scribbles a few words, calls it a poem and they pay him 100 bucks."
"That's nothin'," said the third kid. My dad scribbles a few words, calls it a sermon and it takes six people to collect all the money!"

No comments:

Post a Comment