Wednesday 21 May 2014

Wildlife rescue, lack of courtesy and even less common sense!!!



21 May

Today’s Dorktown News leads with yet another story of inconsiderate parking. The Dorktown and Warwickshire Wildlife Sanctuary has its base not far from us here in Weddington. This popular service is being plagued by selfish prats parking across its drive, thereby preventing staff from getting out to rescue animals who have died because of their actions. If nothing more, I would hope that any driver would have the courtesy and common sense not to park across someone’s driveway. However, it seems that when it comes down to parking all such thoughts and ideas go out of the window.

Sadly, parking issue like this one are not the only issue when out on today’s roads. Yesterday we were heading out of town to visit a micro-brewery and at one point we had drive past a school. As we did so and man pulled out on to the road when I was almost on top of him. Instead of stopping and letting me pass, he continued on and even gave me the ‘bird’ as he did so. Considering he had his kids in the car with him, he is giving them and really good example to follow isn’t he … NOT!  No wonder driving standards are falling so badly.

Last night and BBC 3 there was a programme on about youngsters driving and their parents being shown who they get on. I didn’t know it was on I watched a recorded show I did last night, so now I’ll have to watch it on BBCi Player. The clips I saw showed the parents reactions to how their kids are driving and they looked shocked and surprised by what they saw. It could well be a good show to watch.

Well, today’s photo is from the weekend again … 

An American car in the Peaks on Sunday. On the face of it, that boot looks very large, but hang on, just look at its depth for a true estimate. You want get much in there.

Our Friendly Sage spoke for us yesterday …

A tale of two dwarfs.
Two dwarfs go into a bar where they pick up two working girls and take them to their separate hotel rooms for a little extra curricular.
The first dwarf, however, is unable to get an erection. His depression is made worse by the fact that, from the next room, he hears his friend shouting out cries of, "Here I come again!
ONE,TWO,THREE ......UGH!" "Here I come again! ONE, TWO, THREE .....UGH!" "Here I come again! ONE, TWO, THREE ..... UGH!" This goes on for the whole hour.
Later back at the bar, the second dwarf asks the first, " How did it go?"
The first mutters, "It was embarrassing. I just couldn't get an erection."
The second dwarf shook his head.
"You think that's embarrassing I couldn't get on the bed!!!!"    

No comments:

Post a Comment