Monday 5 May 2014

Bank holidays, a clear out, and the Wally head



5 May

It seems I have been wearing my Wally head for the last few days. Having bought a copy of Office 365 and uploading the key code to the Office website, I thought that was all that was needed for it to work properly. Oh dear … yesterday afternoon I was muttering and trying to get it working properly when a dialogue box arrived on desktop. It wanted me to activate Office 365. I did so and now it all works fine. My Wally head has been put away until I need it again.

At long last I’ve got all my photos moved from the lappy to the new machine. Now, when I have found the three DVDs I burned when I first got the lappy. Once they have turned up I can get the lappy ready for sending to our daughter Lynda. Finding them has become a task in itself! I’ve seen them just lately too, I just can’t remember where.

Well, just in case you don’t know, it’s a bank holiday again today. Why we need so many and what this one is for I’m not sure. Kile has just gone back school after Easter (and yes, I do know why we have two bank holidays over Easter,) and now he’s off again for today. But why for petes sake? There’s another one at the end of this month too. The next one after that is in August. And why are they called Bank Holidays? The banks are closed every Sunday as it is so why do they need an extra day every so often?

So what do we have planned for today then? Well, not much really. After lunch we are heading off shopping and then round to see Kile and Billy-Boy. We also have a load of stuff for Sam, their mum. From there I suppose we will had for the Anker and a pint or two of ails yer. I’ve yet to have a bad pint in there you know. Charlie keeps an excellent pint of real ale.

We’ve been having a good root around and found loads of stuff we don’t and will not be needing. Some is going to Sam, as I said; but a lot more is going to the air ambulance charity shop in the town. I suppose it can seen as an insurance payment. We have a neighbour who collects stuff for a charity shop over in Barwell, in Woolyback country. Woolyback by the way is Leicestershire, but we have no connection over there. Beside which, the Warwickshire Air Ambulance can claim the tax I now pay on my army pension.

And so a photo … That’s an easy one for today … 

Jan, the girl of my dreams.

And funny time …

It was at an amusement park on a brutally hot day when I saw a father with 2 kids. “Who’s enjoying the most?” I asked cheerfully. “I am” said one “ I am” said the second. “No,” the father said “their mother is!”

No comments:

Post a Comment