Thursday 2 February 2012

Nearly there ...

2 February 2012

Hello all.  I apologise for my absence over the last two days.  This bout of flu as really knocked me about - as per usual I might add.  Today I was determined to get out for a couple for a hour just to get some fresh air.  So off I went taking a back full of odds'n'ends for a charity shop we support in town.  Next was a trip to Smudges Place for a copy of AP and next week's telly pages.  I also found the new issue of Birdwatch so I had one of those too.  I was cold even though I had on extra layers of togs but it was still good to be out and about. 

The news that Mothercare is closing down was a blow to parents in Dorktown.  Now there's concern that Millets in the Abbeygate shopping centre is also closing down, but no one will confirm of deign it.  Bon Marche is not closing, not that it will affect me any seeing as I don't go in there; Jan does on occasion but not often. 

According to today's News, four men have been charged with stealing cables from beside the railways locally.  Maybe as a punishment they should tied the rails with their hands ready for cutting off by a passing train.  You would only need to do it once and it would end all cable thefts from the railways!  Of course, the courts don't have the balls to order such sentence, pity really.

My mother is very weak and is being kept in bed now.  The way things are going I don't think she will be with us for much longer.  It is so sad to see someone that you love go downhill the way she has.  It's not just the physical side but the mental side too.  Dementia is such a cruel illness, not only to those who suffer from it but also for their families too.  At 85, mother is the longest living member of our family so far.  Considering what is wrong with her, she is doing remarkable well to keep on going.  Mind you, she has no quality of life right now which makes it all even harder.

So then, Fred the Shred has lost his Knighthood ... oh dear, how sad, what a pity, never mind!  Considering how he managed to just about wreck RBS before he left it, I'm surprised that he wasn't forced out earlier.  Surely he must have known what he was doing was not working?  If he didn't know or realize, what was happening it makes me wonder just how good a businessman he was to start with.  It's all very strange and something we will never get to the bottom of I suspect. 

So what photo shall I share with you today ... ah yes, this one ...
 
We found this fossil at Aysgarth Falls in Yorkshire and I just had to have a photo of this.  I was very interested in geology at the time and began an OU course in the subject.  Sadly, I couldn't manage the maths involved and had to pull out of it.  Shame really cos I still like geology. The moible phone is to give an idea of scale
And from the Sage ...
 A blonde gets a job as a teacher. she notices a boy on a field stood by himself while all the other kids are running around having fun. she takes pity on him and decides to speak to him "You ok?" she says.
"Yes" he says.
"You can play with the other kids you know?"
"Its best i stay here" he says.
"Why?" says the blonde teacher.
The boy says "Because I'm the goalkeeper".            

No comments:

Post a Comment