Tuesday 14 February 2012

Me 'ead aches started ....

14 February 2012

There's a little watery sunshine here in Dorktown today.  I'm hoping to get down into town today for look around, and perhaps get a few new photos.  We'll see. 

The News was waiting for us again today when we got up.  Front page story is on a court case where a man sitting in the front seat of taxi was attacked by a man sitting in the rear seat.  It seems that the taxi was booked by the victim; as he got into the taxi a group of four asked if they could get, the victim agreed; the four got upset because they were not taken to where they wanted to go first; the trouble got worse and the victim was bitten so badly on his nose he had flap of skin hanging off it.  It doesn't pay to be helpful here in Dorktown it seems.

Headache causing Bratislarva are out running the streets again!  Half term has started and we are now having to put up with kids running around and getting in the way.  Maybe a trip into town is ill advised right now ... I might end up in court mesen if I run over a brat with my scooter!

The Hussy Hospital is in the news again.  After yesterday's report of how well one mum was treated, it seems the staff are not so keen.  Management have come up with a survey form of how the staff see the hospital and how well it's doing and how happy they are to work there and all the rest of the crap that these surveys come out with.  Nearly 50% of the staff didn't reply to the survey.  No details of what has been said have been released but the management are urging the staff who have not returned their forms to do so.  We have to wait for the results. 

A cannabis farm with 450+ plants has been found in out street here in Dorktown.  The house is a rented property and the landlords are now left with a huge bill for the cleanup.  Landlords are being urged to make sure they visit their rented properties on a regular basis in an effort to reduce the menace of cannabis farms. 

Senior moments come and go all the time don't they.  I had one yesterday afternoon that caused me a lot of pain and discomfort.  Here I sat happily typing away at 18 Months Later, and I became more and more aware of pain and discomfort in my lower back and hips.  I managed around 1500 words before I had to get up and take a break.  I sat in the front room and watched telly for a bit, a wildlife program about the South Pacific.  After that it had a bowel of homemade veg soup and it all started again while I was sat in my recliner.  It was ages before I thought about getting up and taking some pain killers.  I take one very powerful one in the morning and one at night, and keep forgetting I can have paracetamol in between them ... deeeerrrrrrr

Today's photo is of an old tree stump I found some years ago.

Nowt from the Sage today, I think he's on holiday now.  But here's something from a book called, 1001 things to make you smile ...

"We have a weird and wonderful relationship; he's weird and I'm wonderful!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment