Wednesday 22 February 2012

Plans of men

22 February 2012
It's a dark, damp, miserable old day here in Dorktown today.  The market is on I suppose but I wouldn't be expecting them to have very day really.    Jan is out for a few hours and I'm here all alone again.  Ah well ... ... ...

Dorktown News leads with the decision of a government planning inspector going the OK for the building of 320 new houses in an area called Weddington.  The site is right on the boundary of the town and when it finally goes ahead yet more green belt land will be lost.  There's an opposition group fighting it but with their limited resources I'm not sure what else they can do.  On a wider scale though this story has implications for the whole of the UK when the governments new planning laws come into effect.  It will mean that builders will be able to run rough-shod over all the open green sites they find.  Keep an eye on your green belt areas guys'n'gals.

A 64 year old man has been sent down for 10 weeks for pestering a 12 year old girl with text messages asking for sex.  I find it very sad that any child has to go through this sort of harassment because some men can't or won't control their urges.  If you really want to know how I would treat such men, but and read my book House of Pain - it's all in there!

And that's about it for today.  There are lots of small items that I don't find all that interesting - but hey ho - that's the way it goes.  One think I did notice is that a few days ago I made another opps thing.  I wrote something about the Bedworth Armshouses when I should wrote ALMHOUSESS.  opps ... ... ...

Time for a photo then ...

I've seen a lot of this type of shot and always fancied having a go.  So a year or so ago I got the chance to go to Barton on Humber and got on.
The Sage!  The Sage ...

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN  GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE  AND  THINKING,  SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD?  WELL...YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE!
MY NAME IS  ALICE SMITH AND I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR  MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW  DENTIST.   I NOTICED HIS DENTAL  DIPLOMA,WHICH BORE HIS FULL  NAME
SUDDENLY, I  REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK HAIRED BOY WITH  THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY  SECONDARY SCHOOL CLASS SOME 30-ODD YEARS  AGO COULD HE BE  THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK  THEN?
UPON SEEING  HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH  THOUGHT. THIS BALDING,  GRAY HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS FAR  TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE.   AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH,  I  ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK SECONDARY SCHOOL ..
'YES, YES I  DID. I'M A MORGANNER! 'HE BEAMED WITH  PRIDE.
'WHEN DID YOU  LEAVE TO GO TO COLLEGE?' I  ASKED
HE ANSWERED,  IN 1965.  WHY DO YOU  ASK?
'YOU WERE IN  MY CLASS!' I EXCLAIMED.
HE LOOKED AT  ME CLOSELY. THEN  THAT UGLY, OLD, BALD, WRINKLED, FAT ARSED, GREY HAIRED, DECREPIT, BASTARD ASKED....
'WHAT DID YOU  TEACH?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment