Thursday 16 February 2012

"Quiet Please!"

16 February 2012

Who'da thunk it eh ... the Hussy Hospital is a noisy place!  The management has had to develop a code of conduct relating to noise after complaints from patients about being kept awake at - by noisy nursing staff!  On the odd occasion I have been in I've been kept awake by noisy patients, usually elderly, confused people.  Strange what you can learn from a local newspaper enit?

I've just say and watched that BBC programme about favourite supermarket foods on catch-up.  Rather interesting really.  Like the amounts of hidden salt in some foods compared with crisps.  Like the health benefits of milk.  Like eggs not being as bad for you as some people say.  I like eggs, but two boiled eggs is enough, two is enough for an omelette or scrambled eggs.  I drink loads of milk, we both do one way or another.  At my last diabetic clinic my cholesterol levels were well within the healthy levels so I'm not overly worried about that.  It made a big thing about how good baked beans are for you ... and so on.  However, at the end of it I was wondering just how much influence the food industry had in making the programme.  The BEEB has a bit of a history in slant its productions in favour of some of the sponsors.  Surely the answer though as in all these sorts of things, is everything in moderation.  And always read the labels!

The News carried another article about Tom Wilson today.  He has opened another section of the Bedworth Civic Society project at the Arms Houses in the town centre.  We will soon get used to seeing in the paper again.
It's pancake day next Tuesday and it looks like I have been lumbered yet again.  Jan's church home group does pancake day in a big way.  I made a bolognaise filling once for it and now it's become a tradition ... see, do anything twice and it's a tradition ;-)))

I'm always on the lookout for obscure and different patterns to snap when I am out with my camera.  Colours are great to snap at; odd shapes and objects; and how about this one ... 

no prizes for guessing what it is though but I'll tell you tomorrow.

I had a new message from the Sage yesterday.  I thought he was on holiday but they changed their minds and didn't go.  So here's the latest ...

It was my first time ever
And I'll Never forget
I'd do it Again
Without a Single regret.
The sky was Dark
The moon Was high
We were all Alone
Just she And I.
Her hair Was soft
Her eyes Were blue
I knew just What
She wanted To do.
Her skin so Soft
Her legs so Fine
I ran my Fingers
Down her Spine..
I didn't Know how
But I tried My best
I started By placing
My hands on Her breast
I remember My fear
My fast Beating heart
But slowly She spread
Her legs Apart.
And when I Did it I felt no shame
All at Once
The white Stuff came.
At last it's finished
It's all Over now
My first Time ever
At milking A cow.

Well, what else did you think I meant?

No comments:

Post a Comment