Tuesday 21 February 2012

Opps ...

21 February 2012

Well, did anyone spot my 'deliberate' mistake in my last blog?  If not, here's the correction ... it was a Labour government in 1976, not a Tory.  So many people keep on about the great drought of 1976, yet I don't remember it at all.  Maybe that's because I was Cyprus for most of it!  Whatever, Labour was in government, not the Tories.  But that takes nothing away for the fact that the water companies should never have been privatised!

Dorktown News shouts about the Council getting £900,000 of its £3 million investment in that Icelandic bank that went belly up.  But why was it invested there in the first place?  Think about it - it's the same with all councils who invested there.  Where did that money come from?  If it was from the Council Tax payers, why wasn't it spent on what it was raised for?  If it was from the government, then  again, why wasn't it spent on what it was given to them for and also, did they receive too much at those times?

Paige has had her operation in Yankydoddledandyland.  There's a photo of her in her bed sleeping off the effects of the operation - I'm not sure about that and I'm not sue Paige will be all that pleased to hear about it either.   
Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is hoping she does well.   

Yesterday we had a day out.  Our plan was to visit three birding sites in one day, Welches Dam, Welney and finally Lakenheath Fen.  We set off at 7.55am and arrived back here at 8.20pm.  Over all we had a good day out but we couldn't do parts of Welches Dam because of the deep gravel that our scooters sank into.  At Welney the only access to the site is by lift or up a lot of stairs.  The lift is not working and it seems that it has been like that for some time.  At Lakenheath Fen our scooter batteries were well down on their charge and we were concerned about getting stuck, so we gave up.  We were both getting pretty cold at that point too.  OK, it doesn't sound like a good day but in fact we still enjoyed being out and about.  The hardest part was lifting the scooters in and out of the car three times.  No matter much we enjoyed the day, we will in future just do one site each day, not get to bolshie and try three ;-)))

Pancake day today!  Jan is off out to her friends for the evening and taking some pancake fillings with her ... if I can get them done that is ;-)))  Now would do that to my darling wife - of course they will be ready - snigger, snigger ;-)))

A photo for today then ...

The village sign of Eriswell in Suffolk, just down the road a bit from Lakenheath.           

And from the Sage ...
I asked my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?'
It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.  'Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!' She said.
So I suggested,  'How about the kitchen?'
And that's when the fight started...

No comments:

Post a Comment