Sunday 12 July 2015

Birdland links ....



12 July

Looks like we chose the right day for going out yesterday looking at the rain outside now. Jan and Kile were going anyway but I wasn’t sure because of my pain levels being so high on Friday. Anyway, we had a good day out in Bourton on the Water with a visit to Birdland as well. Kile enjoyed and came back with 154 photos. Jan had over 400 on her card but there again, she hadn’t uploaded the last lot on there before yesterday. As for me, well I got 285, the most I’ve ever got on a single day of shooting. Of course, there’s a lot of doubles on there and once I’ve got them sorted I’ll be lucky to have around 30 images to post but few if any completion entries.

The cost of getting there has been increased a bit since last year though. We were a tad surprised by that but as we went around we soon found out why, which made the extra well worth while in our view. They have added a walk around dinosaur display in a wooded area of site. Disabled access was good and we enjoyed the whole lot. Of course they are all fibre glass but apparently are claimed to be life-size.  Well worth the extra me thinks.   

Another strange dream again as I woke up this morning. This time is was some sort of blood sucking bug that spreading through my blood stream and erupting out of my skin. Add in that I picked it up while I was in a church in which a body had been found in a bed, the heavy snowfall outside and medics putting me in tank of stuff that let me stay awake while I was in there, and a physic link, and I have the basis of another story line. I’ve since remembered that I started one sometime ago while I was sat in the Anker one afternoon and the two will link in very nicely thank you.

Last night I didn’t feel like reading Vol2 of Game of Thrones, so I started a Peter Robison instead. Abattoir Blues is another DCI Banks story. Anyway … there I was happily reading when my mind picked up a story line when I read about the police commissioner for North Yorkshire. And those two words brought up another story line to me about Alan Parsons, the retired top cop from The Mission my first novel. Trouble is, I now have two more new ideas (taken note of this time), to add to the three I have on the go right now and need to get finished. And surprisingly, my new idea didn’t detract from my enjoyment of the book I was reading. 

So here’s the photo from yesterday … 

T Rex, or what they claim it to be.

Today’s Fail …

Do not iron clothing while on the body! This one came for Rowenta Iron.        

No comments:

Post a Comment