Tuesday 7 July 2015

A day out



7 July

Ten years ago we all heard about the terrorist bombings in London. Even after all the bombings by the IRA, this event shocked the nation as a whole. We, as a country need to let these fanatics know that we will not be bowed down by them. The best way to that do that is to continue our lives normally. We must not let them see fear, we must let them see defiance and a will to live a normal life.

So then, yesterday; we drove over to Leicester for a few hours seeing as we hadn’t been over there for some time, certainly three years ago. What we found yesterday is that the city centre has undergone some major changes in road lay out and so on. As I drove over I was heading for a car park I knew of but when we got there it had been built over. Two things came to mind; dead king and car park; perhaps it was this car park where he was found. I don’t know but it’s a thought that in the past I might have parked on a dead king – puts all the royalty crap in perspective eh?

Again in the past, when we have parked on the street there hasn’t been a time limit on how long we could park. Now there’s a three hour limit on all parking. Anyway, we parked and set our badge and clock at our arrival time and off we went using our walkers. The market was on, very rare there isn’t one actually, and the amount of fruit on display was amazing, and all at decent prices too. We came back having bought some pairs, I wanted some mangos but couldn’t find them when I looked the second time. By that time we were pushing the three hours limit so couldn’t look around properly.

Our walk around turned into a bad time for me when my right leg began to go numb. Following that were pins and needles, before my gait was affected and I felt as though my right leg was sort of kicking out as lifted it. Finally, my knee gave way; it didn’t lock as it should have and if it wasn’t for the walker I would have gone over again. It’s all adding up to lot of I know not what. I was thinking of getting up early and getting in to see a GP but I was so tired last night that I really did crash out when I settled, and I forgot to set the alarm.

Back to Leicester then; we were both struck by just how clean and fresh the whole place looked, even the litter bins looked clean ad without piles of crap around them. There was no litter that I remember seeing and no fag ends either. Most of the people I saw were happy and smiling but I did mentioned to Jan that there were a good few rough looks folks about. But when I think back to it, there wasn’t all that many. However, let me tell you about one man we saw; he wore black tights, a skirt, a tartan top and his hair was shaved about from a small area which he allowed to grow long. It was then held together in long ‘pony-tail’ thing from the top of his head, and he had a beard. Not at all rough of course, but very weird … … …

I did get a lot of photos while we there but I haven’t done anything with them yet, so for today … 

Another candid from Dorktown market.

I found a new funny source, a book called Epic Fails; here’s the first one …

‘We are not without accomplishment, we have managed to distribute poverty equally.’ Not our own prime muppet but the Vietnamese Foreign Minister.    

2 comments:

  1. It quite easily come from our own govewrnment, couldn't it?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek, sorry, it should have read:
    'It could quite easily have come from our own government, couldn't it?'

    ReplyDelete