Tuesday 20 September 2016

Reading, writing and a couple of dreams


20 September


One of these day’s I’ll learn to read things properly before I scream for help. So, I had another read of the Brother website and realised I still might be able to get the beastie working. First job then, where’s the damned cabling; actually though, I found those quite easily actually. Next job was to set it up, and it all worked. Great, that’s saved us some cash, makes a change does that. All I need to do now is to get on and get some writing done.


That is proving more than a little difficult though. Basically, I’m missing my writing room/study. We lived in Bracebridge Street before coming here and although we both love our little flat, ‘little’ is operative word. In the house I converted the back bedroom into a study, and it was there that I began writing anyway. In fact, it was in there that I wrote all of my finished books, and that is why I miss the study. I have said that I could take a ride into town to the library and write in there; or I could move everything into the bedroom and write. I’ve not done anything about either idea though.  


Our plan for today was to was a run over to Leicester to do our shopping at the Fosse Park Shopping Centre, just off the M1/M69 junction to do our weekly shopping – all seven items. So now we aren’t bothering. I did suggest a run over to Brum but Jan doesn’t really fancy it without a real purpose. She’s right really and I only it for the chance to get out for an hour or two. I’ll get out tomorrow on me scooter instead.


Well, I’ll get out tomorrow if I can. Of course, a lot will depend on the weather, but the main reason is that somehow I have managed to seriously pull a muscle in the right forearm. Every so I forget it about and put too much weight or over stretch it, and it seems to just pull it all over again. Normally you see, even now while I’m typing there’s no pain at all, and I’m pleased about cos I’m not sure I could put up with it all the time right now. I can see me upping my pain killers again before too long.


We have both been seriously thinking of learning Spanish, so when we had leaflet from the local college come through the door advertising a beginner’s Spanish course. Jan has been getting on to me to phone and get us a place on it. I finally did call this morning and guess what, it’s full. They have taken our names for the next one. Why Spanish? Well, we still have this nagging feeling of perhaps moving to Spain at some point, even if we have said before that we won’t be moving again. Our wee dream comes and goes but it’s always there in the back of our minds, but does it hurt to dream and perhaps even prepare, just in case hey …


Jan did ask at one point, not so long ago when I think of it, was how would be get internet excess. It’s a fair point actually and something I hadn’t thought of, even though we had broadband in Mallorca a few years ago. But where and how did they connect? That is just one question we would need to ask. Health care is something else we need to think about, along with the cost if we had to go private. It’s all our numerous conditions may well make such a move not worth the effort really. But as I say, there’s no problem with dreaming.


And so it’s time for a photo …


Another dream.


Today’s funny …


Lady Customer: Can I try on that dress in the window?
Assistant: If you really want to, but I think it would be better if you tried it on in the changing room.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment