Wednesday 21 September 2016

Diabetic fun and games


21 September


This morning I had a run into town on me scooter, simply just to get me out for a wee bit. Jan was helping a friend move some boxes to her new home in Old Arley, and we met up at the Anker for an hour. And guess what? I didn’t buy any books today, see, I can manage it, but it was hard seeing as I saw a number of books on market stalls that I fancied. Jan in Asda now doing the shopping, which means I can get mesen into all sorts of mischief, even if does tell me to behave whenever she leaves me alone – spoil sport! I always behave … … …


What I did buy is nine pairs of gentle grip socks to replace another nine pairs of the normal socks I have in a bedside draw. My friendly foot butcher advised me get them cos of the marks the normal ones were making on my legs, not good for a diabetic who has circulation problems in his feet as it is. This diabetes game is no fun at all you know. Right now I feel that my sugar levels are quite high.


You see, I’m easily tired the last week or two and I’m more thirsty than normal too. Sorting that out means drinking more, and you know what happens then of course, and getting up a couple of time a night to go pee makes me tired too. But what can I do about it right now. I can get my levels tested at our pharmacy, which is fine, but what happens if I do a high sugar level?


I asked my GP about buying a testing kit after I was first diagnosed, his reply was, ‘What will do if you do get a high reading?’ And there lies the problem my friends, what can I do. I still need to eat at some time, but what? And how much? What I am nervous about is seeing a nurse or GP and end up being put on insulin. That really would be a backward step for me. Needles don’t worry me at all, I’ve had far too many over the years for it do so. However, when all is said and done, I am going to have to do something soon if things carry as they are.


Right! That’s me moan done with then – or is it? Looking outside right now, I see sunshine, but where was it when I was riding around town? Ah well … I did manage to get around the park before heading into town cos the flower beds looked nice as we drove past the other day, and I do like taking photos of flowers, even if I don’t know what they are. However, when I close up most of them were dying back, the one I did get was not a flower, more like a small shrub really. The one flower I did get is pale blue bell-shaped one. That will get posted later.


Our neighbour Roy is not the only one having a wet room fitted, Kath and Val across the back are have theirs done too. Both of them are elderly ladies who have mobility needs and I should think that trying to get in and out of those small baths we had in here would have been a nightmare for them. Why the council agreed to have such small baths fitted I don’t know, not a lot of thought went into by the looks of it. These ground floor flats are meant for elderly or disabled people, and those silly little baths were no good for any of us.


So then, a photo to find …


A bog plant … can you work it out?


Doctor, doctor, I think I'm a mountain.
Well you do look a little peaky.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment