Tuesday 6 September 2016

A bity day


6 September


Another earlier morning for us than normal to get me to the Manor Clinic for a Neuropsychological assessment at 10.30. For my part it all seemed to go off without and serious problems, things like remembering a string of numbers, something I’ve always had problems with. I can remember my army number still and our home phone number, but what my mobile phone number is, no idea. The lass who ran the test seemed to think things were OK on the face of it but would need to go through the results to make sure. I should get a phone call or visit next week to let me know.


I have lived in and around this town all my life, 67 years, I even worked at the Manor when it was a general hospital for a few weeks when I was on leave one time. Even so, when we pulled up outside I noticed some building details that I hadn’t noticed before. Out came the camera and snap went the shutter, three shots in all. This not the first time this has happened though while walking through town and I see something new to me but clearly older than me. I’m sure this will happen again too.


The assessment took just over an hour and from there we headed for Asda for some shopping. By the time that was done my back was pulling a wee bit, but not enough to stop me. After there we had a drink the Acorn pub before walking along to Farm Foods to fill our freezer. We have Kile this weekend so we needed to get a few bits n bobs for when he’s here. I’m amazed at the difference in prices in so many of things there compared to Asda, so much cheaper. That is fine as long as they have what you want.


We bought an 80 box teabags today in Asda. That is enough to last me nearly four weeks. In Farm Foods, the only teabags of the same brand they had was a mega sized box, 240+60. How long will that last me? Nope, far too much! Their deep pan pizza is a good price at 99p in Asda, £2.40 or two for £4. We got in, put the shopping away, got change and now we’re sitting resting for a few hours, and by heck lass, we’re knackered and my coffee is just great.


So now we have two freezers full of nosh; all we need to do now is to get it all eaten. Kile will help there I’m sure. We’ve changed our chips to larger ones, not the thinner Southern-fried ones we’ve been having, so a pizza and chips is on the cards for Friday. On Saturday we have a beef and a chicken curry, so we’ll do both of those and have half of each, each. Sunday we’ll be having a chicken dinner methinks. So I am ending this here before I nod-off.


Today’s photo …


A Cambridge street.


Today’s funny …


Why is Count Dracula a useless goalkeeper?
He hates crosses.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment