Wednesday 11 May 2016

Words and other leathal weapons


1 May



Here I am, sat at home all on mesen again. The reason this time is that Jan is in the Hussy having her stoma redone seeing as the first one has retracted. OK, I know what is being done but what is happening after is what I am puzzled and concerned about. The last two anaesthetics Jan had she had a stroke as she came out of them. Although today’s job is supposed to be a day job, after the op is going to ICU to keep an eye on her. That is where I start to become concerned. I just can’t see an ICU bed being taken up for just one day. Can you?



Hypocrisy of the highest order was on display yesterday when IDS spoke about the way the EU causes a greater divide in between the ‘have’ and the ‘have nots’. He used that as a reason for leaving the EU. Trying to watch the little I saw on last night’s 6 o’clock news made me feel sick. That man has done more to widen that same gap over the last six years than anyone else I can think of. That man is almost enough for me to change my mind vote for staying in the EU, but only almost, that is far more important things involved to my mind than a silly little muppet person in London!



Something else was going on up the road from Kings Water Park on Saturday that I had forgotten until the news last night. This item was a Midlands Today report about the jailing of two men for shooting dead of a third man over a bag of cannabis. He’s not the first guy to die by shooting in the Brum area just lately. Gun crime was horrendous in Brum at one time and it had begun to be stopped altogether once, but now it seems to be getting worse again.



The gun used in shooting I’m writing about was also used for another shooting over on the western side of the city last year. It still hasn’t been recovered yet. It’s been well known for some time now that guns are being loaned out when and as they are asked for; that is why this one hasn’t been found yet. If the cops could find out who was the person at the centre who was controlling the supply, then maybe real inroads could be made into reducing or perhaps stopping all gun crime in the area. So back to Kingsbury then …



Not far from the water park is Kingsbury Ranges, a military run shooting range. As we rode around on Saturday I could hear the weapons being fired, and that brought back a lot of happy memories for me. I really did enjoy being on the ranges and using the weapons we were training on, a SLR (Self Loading Rifle), SMG (Sub Machine-gun), and later on, the 9mm automatic pistol. Each weapon had its own characteristics, that is why you were allocated to just one weapon.



So there I was sat on me scooter shooting jet skiers and in the background I could hear squaddies banging away at wooden targets not too far off. The real effect of being disabled hit me at that point too. There is so much I used to do without thinking about it, that I now have to stop and think about these days. I was hoping to get into town today for a few hours but the forecast is for more rain and after last Saturday I really don’t fancy another soaking. There’s nothing vital to go out for so I shall be staying here in the warm and dry for now, even if I could do with some of my tea bags. Visiting Jan will be no-no as well. We are now finding a number of reasons why I perhaps should have kept my driving licence; too late now though.



Here’s a nice reminder of days gone by …

As a kid these were called 'peck-yer-eyes-out'. No idea why though. I know me mother hated them!



Today’s funny …



This farmer said to his wife, 'We've been married fifty years. Why don't we kill the chicken tonight?'.
His wife said, 'Why kill the chicken? It's not his fault?'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment