Saturday 28 May 2016

Contents insurance, Flikr and on a fancy


28 May



I’ve been wondering when our insurance was due to be renewed for a few weeks now but haven’t done anything about it because I wanted to wait for renewal notice. That arrived here this morning so first thing I’ve done is to get a few quotes off Uswitch. The current insurer’s quote is £282; all ten of the quotes from Uswitch were for the same amount, £5, 475! Talk about day light robbery. I won’t be taking up and of those, that’s for sure.



It looks like my 8,000+ photos on Flikr are wasted, simply because I can’t get Yahoo to accept my email/user name combination. I’ve email them to try to sort it and still not had a reply. Thing is, I can’t even get to close the account and remove my photos, let alone add any, so yesterday I opened a new account for both and I can now post to Flikr again. There’s not many on there just yet but that will alter later as I post the rest of this year’s shots. Oh yes, I do still have all the old photos saved to my hard drive and separate drive, so they are not a total loss.



With that in mind we have been wondering what we can do this over this weekend. Neither of us like large crowds these days, so going off anywhere not really an option because of the huge crowds that will be around all the honey spots. So why have decided that a ride into town on our scooters will do us fine. Riversley Park has been planted up again and the black tulips are looking pretty good. So we are off on a shoot into town. I shall get some new candid shots too and Jan will get a lot more macro shots of whatever catches her fancy. The weather is set for fine and sunny, so we will be off soon enough.



For ages now, I’ve been on a fancy for something nice but now common. These days most things which used to be out of reach of most of us, now well in reach of most us. The trick for me is to find something that both of us will enjoy, harder than you might think though seeing as Jan is such a finicky eater. So I will look something in Asda while we’re in there getting milk. Who knows what specials will be on offer today; one thing will be sure though is that the price will be high, simply because it’s a Bank Holiday weekend, bloody rob-dogs! Increasing prices when we come up to a major holiday or celebration of any sort, is a practice that is as old as the hills.



No matter what the occasion, flower prices go up, so I’m pleased I bought some for Jan earlier in the week. And yet, I also like to see flowers in the living room, even if they are just plain old daisy’s, they all give a lift to a room. Flowers are no longer allowed in our hospitals around here. They claim they are an infection risk, maybe, I don’t know enough to comment really. Is this a national thing I wonder, or just a local move?



So then, today’s photo …

Not a great shot but this is Maxi the budgie, sitting and eating from Jan’s hand the other day.



Today’s funny …



What is green, covered in custard, and is always complaining?
Apple grumble.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment