Sunday 22 May 2016

I was so tired


22 May            



Amazon was here again ringing the doorbell just after 9am. So strange to get deliveries on Sunday that we are still not used to it. Actually, I was more or less awake at that point anyway. Last night I was tired I went through around 9.15 and tried to have a read. What I found was that I was dropping off while reading. I gave up and settled just before 10pm, so a 9am call wasn’t so bad an idea.



So there I was sat in the chair in optician’s place looking in to that mirror on the opposite wall. Last time Jan cropped my hair she said I was getting thin on top, but I could really see it sat there that day. The sooner it’s all gone the better for me. The vanity of many men who will do just about anything not to go bald amazes me. I just wish the facial hair would go too, but I doubt it will. 



The BEEB were at it again on Friday evening. They predicted that yesterday would wet and windy all day, so I didn’t bother even thinking of going out down town for a few hours. We did eventually get some rain around 6pm, but it was very slight indeed. So there I was messing about on the net yesterday and on the BBC website I found a prediction that Britain will be having a series of heat waves that getting hotter each time reaching 380 at its hottest. Oh really? They can’t get it right over the next few hours, let alone weeks or months ahead. Mind you, if they are right and we do get heat at those temperatures, then there is going to be a big hike in A&E attendance numbers; Jan and I will not be moving much at all while it’s on, that’s for sure.



Food Detectives, another show I record was watched yesterday. This is a reasonable show that is not all about the chefs showing off what they can do while advertising their latest book. In this show they show the differences between food at various price levels, budget, midrange and premium. The one I watched yesterday did the taste test on sausages, where the premium banger won hands down. Of course there was a huge price difference on them, about £1.50 a pack. But does that really matter? We don’t have sausages all that often these days so we wouldn’t be all that concerned about the price.



This show does have a chef of course, but this time he’s helping fix viewers kitchen nightmares. Last night he was helping a guy with his roast taties. Oh dear … what a long winded method; first he poached the taties before sploshing a lot of oil into a baking tray and preheating it in the oven. Then he removed each tatie for and placed it into the hot oil before returning to the oven. OK, they looked nice when they came out of the oven, but it still seems a long winded method of doing them.



There was one area in the kitchen that I just couldn’t get to grips with, the pastry department. Don’t know why, I just couldn’t get my head around it. So why am I now fancying having a go again. It’s been years since did anything like that, it’s cheaper and easier to go to Asda instead. What I am fancying doing are the Danish pastries that we like so much. I wonder if I actually do scratch that itch, time will tell.



Today’s photo then …

Coffee cake and black coffee.



Today’s funny …



What do you get if you cross a thief with an orchestra?
Robbery with violins.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment