Thursday 5 May 2016

A day full of nothing much


5 May



The new Star Wars movie; wasn’t really interested to be honest but when I saw it on sale for a tenner in Asda, I decided to give it a go, I’m pleased I did. It’s not a bad movie really, moving the Force story forward a good bit without giving away anything that is to come in future offerings. Not bad at all.



Our day is going to be very bitty today I think. At long last I have my memory test at 1pm. It can take up to two hours, so we can’t really plan anything else for the afternoon until we are clear from there. Even Jan has to be in there as part of it because she can point out things that I might have, well, forgotten. Kile is still with us and that means another early morning tomorrow, but for today we need to start thinking about what we’ll give him for dinner today, MacDonald’s looks good for now; but maybe not … why not get a carry-out curry. Kile and me both like them and Jan says she’s has something else.



The memory test then; it all went off OK and I got the impression that there is nothing to worry about, just as I thought. There’s a case review to happen a week tomorrow and she will phone me with any feed-back, or if there’s a change of medication she will bring it to us a week on Monday. So that’s one more job out of the way.



Now that is becoming really bloody silly. Jan needs a telephone appointment with a doctor to sort out her medication, so she’s just found them and the earliest they can offer her one is 18 May at 4.30. She’s due in to the Hussy next Wednesday to have her stoma re-done seeing as the original one has retract a good bit, so tomorrow she is up there for blood tests ready for her op; but hang on, what happens if her op is cancelled? Will she have to go back and have them done again? Our health service needs renamed: NHS = National Hold-up Suppliers!



It’s nice out there in sun, and we’re hoping it will be like just like that on Saturday when we are due to go off to Kingsbury for a few hours. We will hire Kile a bike for a couple of hours and he can go off and ride about the place as much as he likes. Jan and I will take our time on our scooters. If we’re lucky we can find the jet-skiers and get some decent shots of them racing about having fun. There’ll be load of spring flowers out too and they will make nice photos as well. And just a thought … maybe a call into Astley Book Farm on the way home, not been there for ages now and it’s not all that far really.



So there I was sat in the clinic waiting room earlier today and I found a photo-mag I’ve not bought, or even looked at, Advanced Photography. It was interesting enough I suppose but I won’t be racing off to buy an up to date copy. What struck me though was the way they edited reader’s photos to improve them. And it struck me that we don’t really see why the image needed to be improved. The article shows a small copy of the image and then a huge full page version once the work is done. All photo-mags offer the service of course and I’ve noticed that it is done the same in all of them. The results are pretty good though.



Kile has just arrived home and so I’d better wrap this up now; today’s photo …

another from the other day in Coventry, a weedy looking Superman.



Today’s funny …

      

Knock, knock.
Who's There?
Cash
Cash Who?
No thanks, I prefer peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment