Thursday 3 January 2013

Boozed-up, street lighting and at last Jan is better



3 January 2013

A day off yesterday cos Jan was feeling a lot better.  We had a day out shopping spending some of the tokens we got when we ordered our new sofa.  From there we headed over to Asda and finally ended up in the Felix Holt for a pint or three.  So, what's going on then?

The News seems to be full of bad news today.  It starts off with us being told that the big street light turn off begins next month.  We have to wait and see what effect it has on the town.  But really all the county Council is doing is extending their current practice.  The M6 runs through part of the county and if you miss the county road sign you won't miss the sudden end to the lights on there.  A lot of other councils don't light the motorways as they pass through their areas; but there again are areas that are mostly rural in nature.  At least where the roads pass through a town or city they are lighted.  Well, at the moment that is; perhaps more will be switching off in time.  The local star-gazers will be happy though - there will less light pollution blocking out the sky and making it very hard for doing any real astronomy.

Also on the front page is the leads to two stories of violence in the town.  One guy was repeatedly stabbed around the head with a broken glass bottle.  The second one is of a man who had a boiling kettle of water poured over his head.  It's all down to booze init?  Why do they insist on getting so drunk they don't know what they are doing?  As it was 350 people attended A&E at the Hussy over New Year's Eve   and New Year's day.  The chance is that a large number of those would be drink related.  Perhaps it's time to start charging drunks for their treatment in A&E!  It should at least be considered.   

Later I shall be off on my way into town for a look around to see if I can get to use the A77 a bit more.  I did get a few nice ones yesterday though but I still have a lot to learn with it though.  Something I found out yesterday was that sometimes the shutter works but doesn't make a sound when it does so.  I ended up with several shots of some items because of it ... now where is that destruction manual???

I have been planning to get on and get some writing done but it hasn't yet; something always get's in the way.  We are spending far too much time sitting and watching the box and not in getting done what needs to be done.  We even bought eight new DVDs yesterday too!  One day we will get it all sorted out. 

I've had an email this morning to my Blackberry about one of these blog writings.  It's a positive comment on it but I have no idea who has sent it; I shall be going on line in a bit to find out who that worthy is.  If I don't and you are readings this one, thank you sir!

Still no new photos so it will have to be ... I know, my all time favourite shot ...

I called this one Canned Rose.  It was Taken on a Minolta 404si but I can't remember the film type.  I was looking at AP yesterday and one of the adds for used cameras was for one of these camera; £5 for the body only and £20 with a lens.  It's silly money!
 
And a funny for today ...

An asylum seeker was sat at the side of the road eating grass. Man pulls up in his car and says "Hey! Don't eat that. Come home with me and I'll feed you."
The asylum seeker replies "I have 4 wives and 12 kids, can they come too?"
Man says "Sod off, I've only got a small lawn!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment