Thursday 17 January 2013

Bad night, and new relative and the danger of the iPod!



17 January 2013

What a bad night  last night was!  The only time my arm is painful now is when I'm in bed - strange that.  But even so it wasn't all that bad really.  I saw 4 o'clock this morning before I fell asleep.  Now I'm tired and not feeling like doing anything.  I've even had to fight to find the interest in writing this.  Ah well ... ... ...

So Tesco has been selling horse burgers instead of beef burgers.  Pork and chicken has also found their way into them.  We don't normally shop at Tesco any way so it hasn't really affected us - or has it?  We do shop at Iceland and I remember buying burgers there in the last few weeks.  Yes, I've eaten them; no, they didn't taste any different; no, they didn't make me ill; no, I'm not worried about it.  It's far too late to worry about it now anyway!  Of greater concern is for those people who don't eat pork for religious reasons.  But again, they did so unaware of the pork's presence - and it's far too late now anyway.  It seems to me that there's an special interest group behind all the fuss and bother right now.  And of course the vegans will be rubbing their hands with joy at the thought of all the meat eaters who are now worried daft over the thought that they might have eaten poor old Neddy.  Wot a laff!

Jan it seems is having a great time!  Last night she went to a pub to get a meal and was speaking to the pub landlady.  Jan mentioned that her older brother was living within the area but she didn't know where he was.  She gave his name and was told that there were a lot of Leightons in the area.  Around five minutes later a young couple approached her table and began to ask about her brother - she was only speaking to a niece she didn't know about ;-)))  If she had travelled last Friday as she had first hoped to she might not have met her.  Strange how things happen isn't it?

So what to do for the rest of today?  I could of course go out somewhere but if I do it will just for the sake of going out - and it's bloomin freezing out there!  I suppose I shall have to sit and see what happens.  Isn't life exciting ;-)))

A photo for today ... a pint of ale and ham butty - hmmmmmm ... ... ...

And now for a funny ...

 I was in the pub yesterday when I suddenly realised I desperately needed to fart.  The music was really, really loud, so I timed my farts with the beat.
After a couple of  songs, I started to feel better.  I finished my pint and noticed that everybody was staring at me.
Then I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my iPod.

1 comment:

  1. I for one am pretty pleased that we don't really eat burgers!
    I am also a great believer in things happening for a reason.
    Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete