Sunday 6 January 2013

All sorted, busted scooter - again and Brum istn't as bad really.



6 January 2013

At long last my lappy is working as it should be.  We had promised to take Kile to the Sea Life Centre in Brum so that is where we went off to.  When we got back I began fighting the lappy yet again.  I even tried using the DVDs I had been encouraged to make when I first open up the lappy; even that wouldn't work!  I tried a system restore, and that didn't work either.  So I did a forced shut down by using the power switch.  When it rebooted instead of the Start Windows Normally option I changed it to the Start in Safe Mode.  At long last I was able to get to the system restore option and ran that.  It removed the Elements 11 I had installed at the same time.  Having reinstalled just the Photoshop 11 and not the Premiere 11, it finally worked properly.  What a relief!  So this morning I have been sorting out the 127 images I had on the new A77.  here's one shot from the Sea Life Centre ...   

I'm happy with it.  Out of the 127 shots, only 14 are keepers (well, I keep them all but only 14 are worth bothering with).

While we were out yesterday headed down to the market but didn't hang about there.  It suddenly turned very cold!  Too cold to stay out so we headed back to the car.  On the way the tiller mount on my scooter snapped.  That's twice something has gone wrong with the same control since I had the thing.  Using it was very difficult because there was so little control of it.  Anyway, tomorrow morning I shall be phoning the British Legion to ask them to take it back.  I shall then order one from a supplier in town and get what I want not what someone else says I can have!

To be honest, it's been a hard weekend one way or another.  We've also had Kile here too and when he and Pip-pup start playing with her yapping and Kile's own sound effects and all the hassle over software and the scooter, I'm happy he has gone off to church now leaving me here in peace and quiet ... what a relief.  All I can hear now is the wall clock ticking away happily ;-)))

Here's another photo I have just sorted out this morning ... 

a mute swan on the River Anchor in Riversley Park.

And talking of Brum ...

A Brummie goes to Ground Zero in New York one year after 9/11. Whilst there, he sees a fireman paying his respects. The Brummie says to him, "there were a lot of people that were very proud of what you guys did".
"Thanks buddy," the fireman replies.
"You lot were bloody brave," the Brummie says.
"Thanks. Where are you from anyhow?" the fireman asks.
"Birmingham," he replies.
"Birmingham? What state's that in?" asks the fireman.
The Brummie looks around and replies, "about the same as this really..."   

No comments:

Post a Comment