Thursday 5 December 2013

Windy weather, a tree and the hole diggers



4 December 2013

Today we are sat in waiting for the foot butcher to arrive; actually she should be here in about five minutes. We're not really in a rush though; the wind seems to be blowing a gale out there and right now I'm pleased I'm not going out at all.

I don't know what it is about the hole diggers here in Dorktown for some daft reason they like to dig hole in our roads coming up to Christmas. Front page of today's News tells us that 1000 metres of new water pipes are to be laid in the Abbey Green area of the town. The thing is that the main road through that area is what used to be known as the A47 and is still a major route through as well as for traffic both in and out of town. It just seems that this sort of thing happens at this time of the year. The position of the works means that it is not just Abbey Green that will be effected by it. The whole town centre will come to a stand-still right across during the most important shopping period of the year. Thing is, it seems that they seem to enjoy doing this work at this time of year.   

Somewhere or other I have around half a dozen pairs of gloves, few of which we can find. I did manage to find one pair so I could go off into town yesterday. Where the rest are I don't know. Jan has been making scarves over the last month or so, so I do have a few new ones to choose from. But I just wish I could find all me gloves!!! Anyway, it was busy in town yesterday, more busy than normal for the Wednesday market, but with it coming up Christmas I suppose that is to be expected. A few years ago I had gone down to Asda to do some shopping a week or so before the 25th and the car park was absolutely chocka-block full. I was lucky in that I dropped onto a space one first drive round looking for one. Later as I was about to pull out I saw a very anxious lady driver waiting to pull in. But then I noticed another driver trying to edge their way in. 'Not having that,' thinks I, so as I reversed out I did so  that the first driver could get the place and not the one trying to steal it. The look of relief and thanks on her face was worth it ;-)))

Today's photo is from today, about an hour ago actually ... 

I had a neighbour come and knock the back door to let me know that the tree had fallen over. I didn't even know it had happened. It's a bit worrying seeing as its only aropu8nd 10 feet from our back door. It's been reported but who knows when the council will get here to sort it out; I certainly don't.

And now for a funny ...

Last week, my girlfriend and I were getting into bed. As our passion began to heat up she said, "I don't feel like it. I just want you to hold me." I said, "WHAT?! What was that?!" She said, "You're just not in touch with my emotional needs as a woman enough for me to satisfy your physical needs as a man." She responded to my puzzled look by saying, "Can't you just love me for who I am and not what I do for you in the bedroom?" Realizing that nothing was going to happen that night, I went to sleep. The next day I took off of work to spend time with her. We went out to a nice lunch and then went shopping at a big department store. I walked around with her as she tried on several very expensive outfits. She couldn't decide which one to take, so I told her we'd just buy them all. She wanted new shoes to go with her new clothes, so I said, "Lets get a pair for each outfit." We went on to the j3welry counter where she picked out a pair of diamond earrings. She was so excited. I started to think she was testing me because she asked for a tennis bracelet. I threw her for a loop when I said, "That's fine, honey." She was nearing sexual satisfaction from all of the excitement. Smiling with excited anticipation, she finally said, "I think this is all dear, let's go to the cashier." I could hardly contain myself when I blurted out, "No baby, I don't feel like it." Her face went completely blank as her jaw dropped with a baffled, "WHAT?" I said, "Honey! I just want you to HOLD this stuff for a while. You're just not in touch with my financial needs as a man enough for me to satisfy your shopping needs as a woman." Just when she had this look like she was going to kill me, I added, "Why can't you just love me for who I am and not for the things I buy you?" Apparently I'm not having sex tonight either... but at least she knows I'm smarter than her.     

No comments:

Post a Comment