Friday 6 December 2013

50th invite, a roof and I'm a good boy I am!



5 December 2013

Jan has left me to go get Kile for the weekend - altogether now - what do mean what have I got up to? I'm a good boy I am ... ... ...

Tomorrow evening will be fun; we've been invited to 50th wedding anniversary by our neighbours Tony and June. To start with I was going on my own because we have Kile here but June has said to take him along too, there's going to be a lot of kids there. Not been to a decent do for ages ... hang on, hang on, do that mean I have ter shave n shower? If it do I enna goin'! ;-)))

Jan phoned me yesterday to let me know that part of the town was closed off because of wind damage. This morning's News told us what it was about. At the end of Weddington Road there's a 6th form college and its roof got blown off. OK, I suppose it wasn't the only building to get damaged; but the thing is, Etone College hasn't been open all that long, maybe 18 months at the most. I can see the builders having to come back and put things right.

The council did turn up to remove that tree. They did so but got called out to an emergency before they finished clearing up, so they left some of the bits on the grass outside. They did say they would be back this morning to finish off. Well, here it is 3,45pm and they still haven't been here. I can't see it getting done this week now.

Today's photo then is not one of mine. Jan took this one of me in a pub the other day ...


Any a funny is due ...

  A teacher is explaining biology to her 9 year-old  pupils.
"Human beings are the only animals that stutter,' she says
A little girl raises her hand. 'I had a pussy-cat who stuttered.'
The teacher, knowing how precious some of these stories could become,
asked the girl to describe the incident.
"Well," she began, 'I was in the back garden with my little cat
and the Rottweiler that lives next door got a running start
and before we knew it, he jumped over the fence right into our garden!'
'That must've been scary,' said the teacher.
'It certainly was,' said the little girl.
'My kitten raised her back, and went "Ffffff!, Ffffff!, FfffffF,"
but before she could say 'F----off !,' the Rottweiler ate her!
The teacher had to leave the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment