Monday 23 December 2013

Dad, shoping and Lost data!!!



23 December 2013

Today has always been a hard day for our family. It was on this day 1981 that we held the funeral for my dad. It was that event that actually caused Jan and me to end up going to stay with mother over the Christmas period. Sadly she no longer realises what the date means, her dementia is so now. Do I miss my dad, yes I do but I don't let his loss spoil everything for everyone else. Anyway ...

Today we went off to do a bit of shopping. I wasn't last minute shopping but a few odds and ends we thought might be useful, but we also bought some stuff we don't really need but are nice anyway ;-))) Main reason for going out was to get some wild bird seed, we are running short of it. After that I decided that I needed a book from PC World, that done we headed for Morrison's and the road was full of cars wanting to turn right into the place. We turned and headed elsewhere. We finally got the dews bit we wanted from Farm Foods and the Co-Op. After that, we dropped into the Anker to see Charlie and Sam. Two pints of Ba Humbug later and we headed home with Jan driving. So now we don't need to go out again until Jan goes off to church on Wednesday ... unless we go to see Charlie and Sam again tomorrow night ;-))) Well, come on, that Ba Humbug is very nice ;-)))

How many time have you read about backing up your data? Only a few days ago I was on about me backing up to my hard disc and so on; yet over the last few days I haven't done so. Now It seems I have lost everything on my USB stick. I shall be pretty pissed if I have. At least Bill Howe has a clean copy of my NANO at least ready for proof reading for me. Perhaps he'll be kind and send me a copy back ;-)))

Well folks, I'm going to have a few days off now and will come back again on the 27th. I shall be far too busy to write the blog over the next few days.  So, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

I'll see what photo I have to hand ... 

Yes, I thought I had one, a B&W shot of my dad with Pally, his spaniel cross dog.

And the Sage has been good to us again today - and a cracker it is too ...

Last night my kids and I were sitting in the living room and I said to them, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens just pull the plug."
They got up, unplugged my computer and poured away my wine!!

The little B******* 

No comments:

Post a Comment