Thursday 19 December 2013

Cancer, war and milk



19 December 2013

It never fails to astound me what poxy excuses people use for their behaviour. Take those two nutters who killed that off duty squadie for example. 'I am a soldier of Allah, he was a legitimate target so I am not guilty!' they both claimed. I would like to know where in the Koran it says that it is Allah's will to kill unarmed men walking down the street. It does give reasons for a Jihad, which is one of the five pillars of Islam, but as for unarmed men? Nope, I don't think so!
   
And what do you make of that surgeon who is in the news for his botched operations on women with breast cancer? For heaven's sake, they had enough to worry about as it was at the time without having to go through it all again just because he didn't do the job right first time round. Some of them didn't have cancer to begin with! But his employers also have a lot of questions to answer too. Why didn't they act on when concerns were first raised. Their actions aver all do not give a good impression of the NHS at all do they?

This morning I went out to do a bit of shopping. We had thought that we were about finished with it all apart from milk, and that was the main reason I went out today. But it was then pointed out that I still had personal shopping to do as well. I had suggested to Jan that she went to do the shopping until she reminded me of the personal bit. By 'personal' all I mean a Christmas card for Jan. Anyway, off I went and bought quite a bit on top of the milk and card. Baton carrots, fresh sprouts (I love them and can't understand why others don't; perhaps it's the way they cooked, or maybe it's just because they actually have a flavour to them). Then I bought a chocolate roll, two Mr Kipling's cakes and two cartons of ice cream. So again, apart from milk next week we are done with the shopping - until one of use decides they want to out and splash the cash ;-)))

Let me see ... ah yes ... 

The Royal Navy College, Dartmouth.

Today's funny is from the Sage ...

 A man, doing market research for the Vaseline Company, knocked on a door and was greeted by a young woman with three, small children running around at her feet. "I'm doing some research for Vaseline", he said, "Have you ever used the product"?
She said, "Yes. My husband and I use it all the time".

"If you don't mind my asking", he said, "what do you use it for"?
"We use it when we have sex", she said.
The researcher was a little taken aback.
"Usually people lie to me and say they use it on a child's bicycle chain, or to help with a gate hinge but in fact I know that most people do use it for sex. I admire you for your honesty. Since you've been so frank so far, can you tell me exactly HOW you use it for sex"?
The woman said, "I don't mind telling you at all. My husband and I put it on the doorknob and it keeps the kids out".   

No comments:

Post a Comment