Monday 2 December 2013

London, Brum and the NHS



2 December 2013

A weekend off folks, I hope you didn't mind. Saturday we went to the London Wetland Centre and had a really good day. The plan was to do LWC and then head for Richmond Park in the hope of spotting the ring-necked parakeets. I quick look around the shop at LWC and we set off around the site - and the first birds we see is a small flock of parakeets. Here's one for you ... 

As it was we didn't have enough time to get to Richmond Park but it hardly mattered now. We missed out on shots of the deer flocks though. If the weather is good on Saturday we will head off to Bradgate Park and take Kile with us.  He'll enjoy that.

Yesterday was a good day for me too. I wanted shots of the Ferris-wheel in Brum centre. The Frankfurt markets is on now too. It's claimed to be the largest Christmas market outside of mainland Europe now, and I can believe it too. It is certainly larger than it was the last we went there a couple of years ago. Anyway, I got my shots of the Ferris-wheel ... 

this is what I was looking for, so I had a good day yesterday too.

I did get held up a wee bit when I first arrived and made my way towards the market. There was film crew working on a new 1970's cops show. The guy I spoke to told me the name of it and the name of the main actor. I've forgotten both now. Mind you, I was a tad annoyed at being held up. On the way back I saw one of the female actors standing around the corner waiting for her queue to start doing her bit. I have to say that I was impressed by everyone involved that I spoke to. They were all very polite and were happy to talk while they could; so it's a 'Well done' to that film crew.

What is the very basic role of the NHS? Never mind the politics or bickering over who does what, what is their basic job? That role is to care for and treat people when they are ill or injured, yes? Well, According today's News there are prats about who don't care about the help they get. Six people were banned from the Hussy over this last year for assaulting hospital Staff. Yes, I know, it goes on all over the UK but where ever it happens there can be no excuse for it. Banning them is fine, but maybe a hefty fine and costs would make the lesson stick!

Another health related issue in today's paper is that asbestos has been found in the postal sorting office in Dorktown and it's been closed down because of it. Now anyone who misses a parcel being delivered have to travel to Coventry to collect it. I wonder how lone that will go on for? The office they now have to go to is sod to find, it really is.

For my usual photo today I offer this one ... 

my most lovely and gorgeous wife Jan in pixel-packing mode ;-)))

And funny time ...

A Aussie walks into a pub and takes a seat next to a very attractive woman. He gives her a quick glance then casually looks at his watch for a moment.
The woman notices this and asks, 'Is your date running late?'
'No', he replies,'I just got this state-of the-art watch, and I was just testing it..'
The intrigued woman says, 'a state-of-the-art watch? ''What's so special about it?'
The Aussie explains, 'It uses alpha waves to talk to me telepathically.'
The lady says, 'What's it telling you now?'
Well, it says you're not wearing any panties.'
The woman giggles and replies 'Well it must be broken because I am wearing panties.
The Aussie smiles, taps his watch and says,' Bloody thing's an hour fast!'

No comments:

Post a Comment