Thursday 27 June 2013

The BEEB, tennis and fuses



27 June 2013

It's that time of year again folks!  Silly tennis coverage on telly will play havoc to the BEEB's schedule.  I'm not interested in the tennis itself but I know that are a lot of folks who are. so I don't begrudge them being able to watch it.  I do get angry though when the BEEB starts playing silly buggers with telly shows during this two week period.  If a game is still going on coming up 6pm they will switch coverage of the news from BBC1 to BBC2 - even though that is where it's been on all afternoon.  Why not leave it there instead of moving it.  There have been times when the same bloody game has been shown live on both channels!  Why for pete's sake? 

Yes, I have complained to them over it and as per usual they have always ignored my comments and haven't even replied to say they have received it even.  They just go on in their own way ignoring every one else no matter what they say, and that too seems to be par for the course for them.  Of course they did act when the Savile story broke, but I'm not sure they would have done if there hadn't have been possible criminal and or political repercussions over it.  
It's not just with tennis though is it?  If there's a footy match on, or even worse, cricket, they will change everything to keep it on.  

Regular readers will know about my views on the BEEBs appalling weather forecasting.  So why do I watch it the BEEB and not change to ITV?  Well, the news coverage is usually far better on the BEEB.  And don't forget, we pay their wages with our telly licences! 

Jan couldn't get the blade fuses yesterday so I shall be off into town soon to try to get them at Halfords.  I might well find my way round to the Willy White on my travels too.  We'll see ;-)))

Another bird photo today ... 

a grey heron at Blacktoft. 

And today's funny is ...

I looked at the destruction. Smashed windows, cars turned upside down, buses on fire, people running scared, police unsure what move to make....
I turned to the wife and said, "Chin up darling, you did your best, maybe I should park the car?!"
          

No comments:

Post a Comment