Sunday 30 June 2013

Half way through, Ghurkhas and Bright Eyes



30 June 2013

A short one today - I have a lot to do ...

Here we are; half the year gone already; we're on the downward slope now to Crimble and New Years Eve.  I've had the an idea that maybe this year we might get away for New Year and I've found a hotel on the Isle of White that fits the bill.  We'll see later.  But doesn't time just fly by?

Yesterday we rode into town for a few hours.  I'd forgotten all about it but the local retired Ghurkhas had organised something for Armed Forces Day.  I hadn't realised just how many Ghurkhas there are in Dorktown.  Gamecock Barracks is situated about five miles from town and whichever unit is stationed there, they always get fully involved with the town.  At the moment it's 30 Signal Regiment, and they have a strong Ghurkha element within it. 

Jan ended up kicking herself cos she didn't take her camera with her where as I always have one with me.  I got loads of photos of them dancing in the street.  Even so, none of those are my start shot of the day.  Dorktown has a wildlife rescue centre based here too.  Being a charity dependant on voluntary contributions, whenever there is anything going on in town they are there as well, hoping for funds.  Yesterday they had a barn owl and this beauty ... 

on display; a long eared owl!  Can't add him to the year list though, but what a shot!

Funny time ...

Today is Happy Wife Day
Always Love Wife.
No Life Without Wife.
Remain Loyal and Faithful to Wife
Keep Wife Happy and Satisfied...

Never Mind whose Wife......:-)        

No comments:

Post a Comment