Thursday 13 June 2013

Crochet, no News and dirty little theif!



13 June 2013

Jan has taken up crochet again.  She is very good at it too and won first place in her class at the local Festival of Arts a few years ago.  Now she is making a scarf - but not an ordinary scarf!  It's one of those curly things and it's looking good so far, and looking a lot better in the multi coloured wool she chose for it. The plan for yesterday was to go into town on the scooters for a look at the market but we were still tired after Tuesday so we stayed in.  Today we were going to go to Brum; but that changed after we saw the weather forecast last night on telly.  We will eventually get out I'm sure.

After two weeks I have no idea as to what is going on here in Dorktown.  The News isn't being delivered until tomorrow either.  We have just watched a programme on telly about burglary.  One guy got home from visiting his wife in hospital and found his house ransacked.  A lot cash and gold jewellery had gone missing.  It reminded me of when our place was done over a couple of years ago, however, there was a major difference in how the property looked afterwards.  The guy on telly, his house was a total mess; draws and cupboards had been empted and scattered all over the place.  When we were done there was no mess.  The person who committed it knew exactly what to go for and where to find the stuff.  If it had been a random job the place would have been as bad as the one on telly.  No, targeting our place was a spite attack.  How do we knew?  Well, three reasons really ...

I've already mentioned one, knowing where to find the stuff he wanted.  Secondly; Jan's bible.  She opened it the following weekend at an organised church function - and all the pages fell out, each of them torn to bits.  That was the spite aspect of it coming out.  Jan reported him for stealing her camera earlier in the year and he was given 100 hours community service and order to pay £250 for the camera; that's where the spite comes from. 

The third reason we know who it was is down to Facebook.  Up to that point I wasn't actually all that interested in it but I decided to open an account when I found out that our daughter and grandson used it.  So I logged on to open an account ... and when it opened it did so on the home page of the person who broke in.  See, I would never allow him to use my PC but Jan did let him use hers.  He knew I didn't do Facebook where as Jan did.  His thought process was that we wouldn't know it was by using my PC.  Not so clever was he?  Of course, he deigns it but says he knows who it was.  He would reply when asked why he hadn't turned them in.  Whatever, he will never be trusted with our keys again.  Not only that, he's been written out of our wills.  Yes, that's right, it was our own son!  If he gets upset by me posting this, then he can sue me - if he dares!!!

Today's photo took me over an hour in Photoshop to remove all the cables and power lines in it ... 

We drove past this place a number of time while we were in Weston but I didn't find out what it's called.  I'll find out some time ... hmmm ... a look on Google Earth show it to be "The British Bear Collection" - whatever that is! 

While we were away the Sage spoke ...

Dorothy and Edna, two "senior" widows, are talking.
Dorothy: "That nice George Johnson asked me out for a date. I know you went out with him last week, and I wanted to talk with you about him before I give him my answer."
Edna: "Well, I'll tell you. He shows up at my apartment punctually at 7 pm, dressed like such a gentleman in a fine suit, and he brings me such beautiful flowers! Then he takes me downstairs. And what's there; a limousine, uniformed chauffeur and all. Then he takes me out for dinner; a marvellous dinner, lobster, champagne, dessert, and after-dinner drinks. Then we go see a show. Let me tell you Dorothy, I enjoyed it so much I could have just died from pleasure! So then we are coming back to my apartment and he turns into an ANIMAL. Completely crazy, he tears off my expensive new dress and has his way with me three times!"
Dorothy: "Goodness gracious!... so you are telling me I shouldn't go?"
Edna: "No, no, no... I'm just saying, wear an old dress."      

No comments:

Post a Comment