Friday 5 October 2012

On being tired, Richmond and conned

5 October 2012

For the first time in a long time I’m using my netbook to do the blog today.  I actually got it out to check the battery level – and it needs recharging so I might as well use it while it’s charging eh?

Right now I’m feeling very tried.  I saw 3am this morning before I finally dropped off to sleep.  I’m hoping for a better night tonight cos we’re up early for a trip to Richmond in N Yorks, Jan’s home town.  WE haven’t been up there for some time now and we are both looking forward to going up there to see if any more changes have been made.  The town centre doesn’t change much at all really seeing as most of the buildings are listed – even the new Woolies were not allowed to change the shop front when they moved to a new location.  The main reason for going up there is get some decent shots of the River Swale as it  thunders over the falls below the castle.  All the rain just lately should ensure there is plenty of water to shoot.  Of course, it mean there will be no blog tomorrow.

Nothing on telly last night so it was a quiet evening reading.  Last night it was the turn of Which? magazine to be read.  I used to have it before but it stop for some reason.  Anyway, it was the usual good read covering a lot of ground of concern to us shoppers and service users.  One of the main articles was regarding energy prices.  Take EON for example; for not paying by direct debit you get charged £110 per year more.  And what about NPOWER?  High energy users pay 3.6p per unit – but low energy users pay 4.7 per unit.  But charges are not the same across the country.  Each energy supplier charges different tariffs depending on where in the country you live.  It all smacks of profiting to me!

Some time ago Jan found and signed up with an energy supplier by the name of OVA.  As she explained it was explained to her and then to me it was a very good deal, just £60 per month for both gas and electric.  Jan kept checking the account on line and kept phoning them to make sure we were paying enough and offering to pay to more just in case.  They assured that we were paying more than enough.  OK then … then we came to move from Bracebridge Street to here and were hit with an energy bill of hundreds of £s.  Now we are paying just for the electric here and paying of the arrears from Bracebridge Street.  To say we feel conned is an understatement!

Today’s photo then … 

is an unashamed plug for my second book, House of Pain, available in paperback from Amazon and as a Kindle download too.

And from the Sage …
Defence Attorney:
Will you please state your age?
Old Lady:
I am 94 years old.
Defense Attorney:
Will you tell us, in your own words, what happened the night of April 1st?
Old Lady:
There I was, sitting there in my swing on my front porch on a warm spring evening,
when a young man comes creeping up on the porch and sat down beside me.
Defense Attorney:
Did you know him?
Old Lady:
No, but he sure was friendly.
Defense Attorney:
What happened after he sat down?
Old Lady:
He started to rub my thigh.
Defense Attorney:
Did you stop him?
Old Lady:
No, I didn't stop him.
Defense Attorney:
Why not?
Little Old Lady:
It felt good. Nobody had done that since my Albert died some 30 years ago.
Defense Attorney:
What happened next?
Old Lady:
He began to rub all over my body.
Defense Attorney:
Did you stop him then?
Old Lady:
No, I did not stop him.
Defense Attorney:
Why not?
Old Lady:
His rubbing made me feel all alive and excited. I haven't felt that good in years!
Defense Attorney:
What happened next?
Old Lady:
Well, by then, I was feeling so spicy' that I just laid down and told him   'Take me, young man. Take me now!'
Defense Attorney:
Did he take you?
Old Lady:
Hell, no! He just yelled, 'April Fool!' And thats when I shot him, the little bastard.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment